Windows 8.1 setup problems

PrehistoricDuck

When I try to use my product key to install Windows 8.1 it keeps on coming up with this message 'We can't connect right now. Check your internet connection and try again'. 

I have searched this in google but I have not found any clear cut solution. The most popular being that the product is bad or dead but if this was right I wouldn't be allowed to enter and proceed to the next step anyway right? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only. It is when I download this to just use a product key to create a bootable version of Windows 8.1.

If anyone has had this please help. 

What I did was skip entering the code in the install menu, and entering the code when W8.1 was all set up (just go to your system info in config screen).

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

What I did was skip entering the code in the install menu, and entering the code when W8.1 was all set up (just go to your system info in config screen).

I am doing this to create a bootable version of Windows 8.1 for a new PC I am going to build. 

I am currently on a crappy laptop with Windows 7.

I did my pc build over the weekend. It was clean install on my machine. I was able to enter the product code without any issues.

Check this out : Bootable Version of Windows 8.1

Hope that helps. Let me know how it goes.!!

I am doing this to create a bootable version of Windows 8.1 for a new PC I am going to build. 

I am currently on a crappy laptop with Windows 7.

I did my pc build over the weekend. It was clean install on my machine. I was able to enter the product code without any issues.

Check this out : Bootable Version of Windows 8.1

Check this out : Bootable Version of Windows 8.1

That is the program I am using but when the product key is entered it comes up with this message 'We can't connect right now. Check your internet connection and try again'. Is the product key bad or faulty?

I think the problem is a faulty product key but I don't know.

did you try to get in touch with Windows Support? You can probably DM them in Twitter

did you try to get in touch with Windows Support? You can probably DM them in Twitter

I was just trying a few i found on the internet. I havnt bought a legit one yet. I just wanted to make sure it worked. So will it work 100% if i buy a product key?

I was just trying a few i found on the internet. I havnt bought a legit one yet. I just wanted to make sure it worked. So will it work 100% if i buy a product key?

I bought one and installed it over the weekend. worked without any issues. if it bought from a genuine retailer and if there any issues, you can obviously get in touch with the retailer or windows support for help.

Also I bought the Windows 8.1 full version and not the OEM version. got if from Amazon.

I bought one and installed it over the weekend. worked without any issues. if it bought from a genuine retailer and if there any issues, you can obviously get in touch with the retailer or windows support for help.

Also I bought the Windows 8.1 full version and not the OEM version. got if from Amazon.

I just want to install it using a product key.