Note 3 Or One M8

Go to solution Solved by Quest,

thats my thoughts exactly. i really want the front facing speakers but the scree size on the note would make watching videos better imo. so im sooo stuck lmao i may just go with the note even though the finish on the one is so sexy

Well, the One M8 does support up to 128gigs on micro SD. I'd personally shoot for that, since I've personally been able to find the M8 cheaper than the Note anyways.

So the money you save, put it towards a micro SD card twice the maximum supported size of the Note? :P

I've used both extensively, and despite my 6'1" height paired with guitar/piano-playing-hands, the M8 is what I prefer. The Note is also from Samsung, which as you can imagine, means a TON of apps come with it that you'll never even touch, but can't delete. Pretty irritating in my book.

The storage of the stock M8 is limited to 24gigs of user storage. With an SD card, go balls-out and get a 128gb card, I'd say it's worth it.

So tomorrow im getting another phone. currently i have the nexus 5 and im going to miss it so but it does not offer enough memory for my music. now from research i came down to these two. I very very rarely play games i just use my phone for music, watching videos, hotspot, scrolling through the forums, shopping, and lastly i need a phone with wifi calling since my apartment is like a fallout. 

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

stick with the nexus 5, there is no reason to switch to either really..

Honestly I think you should just wait for the next generation of phones, going from a Nexus 5 to any current phone is more of a side step than an upgrade.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Now, I'm going to assume that you're going to switch phones.

I voted for the HTC One M8. This may be an interesting read for you if you haven't read it already.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

I'd go for the Note 3 personally. I like the One M8 but the screen looks smaller than 5" because of the design of the phone, even though it actually is 5". 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

and like i said everyone i need memory i have 60+gbs of music and i cant put in on my nexus so upgrade is going to happen

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

and like i said everyone i need memory i have 60+gbs of music and i cant put in on my nexus so upgrade is going to happen

The Note may be for you, then. Comes with 64gigs (although system files are 1.8gb more than the M8, coming in at I think 3.7gigs), and features expansion supported up to another 64gigs on a Micro SD card. I originally said the M8 because of the nice camera, the color temperature of the display is much more pleasant, pixel density makes it looks so-freakin'-nice, and the front-facing speakers make listening to anything on it without headphones much better than cupping your hand around the back. Those are the only things I think the M8 has up on the Note, which of course, the value of those features are subjective to the judge, so opting for the mass storage of the Note may be better for you :)

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

The Note may be for you, then. Comes with 64gigs (although system files are 1.8gb more than the M8, coming in at I think 3.7gigs), and features expansion supported up to another 64gigs on a Micro SD card. I originally said the M8 because of the nice camera, the color temperature of the display is much more pleasant, pixel density makes it looks so-freakin'-nice, and the front-facing speakers make listening to anything on it without headphones much better than cupping your hand around the back. Those are the only things I think the M8 has up on the Note, which of course, the value of those features are subjective to the judge, so opting for the mass storage of the Note may be better for you :)

thats my thoughts exactly. i really want the front facing speakers but the scree size on the note would make watching videos better imo. so im sooo stuck lmao i may just go with the note even though the finish on the one is so sexy

Well, the One M8 does support up to 128gigs on micro SD. I'd personally shoot for that, since I've personally been able to find the M8 cheaper than the Note anyways.

So the money you save, put it towards a micro SD card twice the maximum supported size of the Note? :P

I've used both extensively, and despite my 6'1" height paired with guitar/piano-playing-hands, the M8 is what I prefer. The Note is also from Samsung, which as you can imagine, means a TON of apps come with it that you'll never even touch, but can't delete. Pretty irritating in my book.

The storage of the stock M8 is limited to 24gigs of user storage. With an SD card, go balls-out and get a 128gb card, I'd say it's worth it.

ok yeah thats what ill do then i already have a 64gb micro sd card. 

ok yeah thats what ill do then i already have a 64gb micro sd card. 

Alrighty, man. Enjoy it. If you need any help or tips when you get your phone, feel free to inbox me. I work on commissions and such in media, and am usually on the go, and with a friend that works at a hardware retailer, I like getting him to lend me refurbished phones and such for me to mess around with. It's become somewhat of a hobby of mine to switch phones every couple weeks.

Alrighty, man. Enjoy it. If you need any help or tips when you get your phone, feel free to inbox me. I work on commissions and such in media, and am usually on the go, and with a friend that works at a hardware retailer, I like getting him to lend me refurbished phones and such for me to mess around with. It's become somewhat of a hobby of mine to switch phones every couple weeks.

i hear that ive owned every phone os on the market since the early 2000's i owned the nexus one and stayed with the nexus line to stay away from bloatware. i just wanted to see what you guys thought. i try to stay away from samsung because of it. but the note seemed appealing

so i got the m8 today and absolutely love it! the screen is fantastic and the build quality is on point! 

edit: those speakers are godly