Windows update July 9th?

Revinval

I had a very odd occurrence this morning. After a late night (just got HOTS alpha) I opened my laptop at work and booted it up, knowing that before I turned it off there was some kind of windows update last night on both my desktop and laptop. After it booted the entire desktop and most of the settings have reverted to basic windows. Even my programs memory (chrome was fresh no bookmarks or anything) had been wiped. I am currently running a virus scan but I was wondering if this was a bug in the updater or something more malicious? 

TL:DR: windows update reset my settings as well as chrome settings and potentially others after an update on windows 7 last night July 9th

Every time windows updates are applied, a system restore point is created. Try to restore before the updates and re do the updates again to see if that fixes the problem. 

My issue is less of a settings problem I have already reapplied everything. I was more worried about some kind of problem with the update. This being the first time this has happened but looking more into it my settings are mostly there it would appear my desktop got reset and that's about it. Just spooky and was wondering if this was a known issue.