Far Cry 3 gaming temp

TeodrosKing

Playing FC3 with an AMD Athlon 760k CPU and a 750 ti FTW w/ ACX cooler GPU

The CPU ranges 54-76 degrees Celsius

The GPU ranges 35-61 degrees Celsius

Are both these temperatures fine?? I am using A Cooler Master 212 EVO for the CPU because everybody was saying that AMD CPUs tend to not have themselves straight with heat and voltage.

GPU totaly fine. CPU bit high, with 100% load it would probably reach 85-90C. Which method have you used to apply thermal paste?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Amd cpu temp reading tends to be a bit off and might need some calibration. The gpu temp is fine.

GPU totaly fine. CPU bit high, with 100% load it would probably reach 85-90C. Which method have you used to apply thermal paste?

Arctic Silver, I have 100% on the CPU fan, I could go down to 42% but I can deal with the bit of noise to cool it down. I messed up before and I actually reassembled everything, adding a new amount of thermal compound from the improper amount before. Plus, people are saying it's not accurate, I was using HWmonitor to calculate the temps, but when I used my BIOS (most accurate) it was like 35-39 degrees Celcius. How can I get THAT specific and accurate temperature so I am not misinformed?

Plus, I used the pea sized method, but the problem is, I can't avoid spreading it when installing the cooler because it's always moving out of place when I try to make it even, but I know it was the perfect amount.

Arctic Silver, I have 100% on the CPU fan, I could go down to 42% but I can deal with the bit of noise to cool it down. I messed up before and I actually reassembled everything, adding a new amount of thermal compound from the improper amount before. Plus, people are saying it's not accurate, I was using HWmonitor to calculate the temps, but when I used my BIOS (most accurate) it was like 35-39 degrees Celcius. How can I get THAT specific and accurate temperature so I am not misinformed?

Plus, I used the pea sized method, but the problem is, I can't avoid spreading it when installing the cooler because it's always moving out of place when I try to make it even, but I know it was the perfect amount.

I mean if you would reach 100% cpu load it would get around 90C.Try "core temp", thats what I'm using. It shows low temps at bios because it gets time to cool off. Have you OC'ed CPU?

I mean if you would reach 100% cpu load it would get around 90C.Try "core temp", thats what I'm using. It shows low temps at bios because it gets time to cool off. Have you OC'ed CPU?

No, in fact I just built this yesterday. My first computer I ever built

No, in fact I just built this yesterday. My first computer I ever built

Try running this without side case, maybe there isn't enough air flow in case.Then look at temps. Use AIDA64 or Prime95 for CPU stress testing.   Maybe it's hot in your room? You know, summer and stuff.

Try running this without side case, maybe there isn't enough air flow in case.Then look at temps. Use AIDA64 or Prime95 for CPU stress testing.   Maybe it's hot in your room? You know, summer and stuff.

It couldn't be summer, because it's actually quite cool in my room, the case it very cool as well, only the power supply seems to faintly heat up the top of the case. And I was working on the airflow and I fixed a bit of it. I have both case fan pointing outwards instead of on inwards because the one pointing inwards was pointing at my CPU fan which was blocking airflow. But when I switch it, I have not really seen it go over 80 now. Now the CPU cooler shoots the air out and the rear fan just guides it out as well.

And it doesn't read all of my core, it just says tj. max 70 degrees.

And it doesn't read all of my core, it just says tj. max 70 degrees.

Hmmm... Well I would try to reapply thermal paste.Because I'm out of ideas :D . Clean old one with 90% spirit and microfiber. It shouldn't reach 80C of stress test with prime95. 

Yesterday you told me you were playing Far Cry 3 on Ultra with the Richland 760k. My guess is that the Richland simply isnt powerful enough to run the game at ULTRA without overheating a bit. If you would have a better processor, then yes, its going to be OK...but look, you have a 90$ dollar CPU. This is going to be expected, I promise. 

Yesterday you told me you were playing Far Cry 3 on Ultra with the Richland 760k. My guess is that the Richland simply isnt powerful enough to run the game at ULTRA without overheating a bit. If you would have a better processor, then yes, its going to be OK...but look, you have a 90$ dollar CPU. This is going to be expected, I promise. 

Yeah, it is alright tho, because it doesn't shut things off or anything, it doesn't go over 80 degrees. The Richland is a good CPU either way but I can bump the setting down a bit. I was aiming for maybe Medium with 60 FPS.