Crossover 27Q

penguin_

I'm in the process of getting a new monitor I was thinking of getting another 1080p monitor, but I decided to go on ebay and look for a 1440p monitor. I've found one called "Crossover 27Q"

I've not heard of the brand before and was wondering if anyone had heard of the brand before that can give the 'okay' that this monitor is worth the $400 price tag.

Thank you.

I have one. Me and my friend bought one these each end of summer. Some of my thoughts about it:

I had 23" Dell before this. Because of the quite agressive anti-glare on the Dell the difference on whites was quite big. Dell just looked yellow after seeing Crossover. My unit has fair amount of backlight bleeding but it's not disturbing unless you're in completely dark room and there's lots of dark stuff on the screen. My friends unit has less bleeding. My unit also makes quite annoying high pithced whine(? not sure if it's the right word, english is not my first language.) when there's lot of white on the screen. Either my friends unit does not hear it or his unit does not make the same sound.

You need to bear in mind that this monitor only has one input: Dual Link DVI and then of course power. It has external powerbrick and no other settings than brightness-level. I have calibrated my screen with Xrite-colormeter, the stock image was nothing to write home about but after calibration it's excellent.

My friend is more gamer than I am and he says that this monitor is good for gaming becose there's no inputlag and response times are good. I probably wouldn't see even if the response time was 50ms, I'm just glad that the colors are correct :D

Overall, I'm not sure if I would buy this monitor again but then again it was really cheap. But if I had enough money I'dd probably buy the Asus 1440p-monitor but unfortunately I'm a student and money doesn't grow on trees.

Hopefully this was helpfull and my English was even remotely understandable. :)

The past cannot be altered. The present holds but regret and loss. It is only in the days to come that a man may find solace. When memory fades..
Gigabyte B450i Pro WiFi | AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | SilentiumPC Fera 3 HE1224 w/ Corsair ML120 | 2x8GB DDR4 3400MHz CL16 | MSI RTX2070 Armor | Plextor M8PeG 256GB NVME | Crucial MX100 512GB | Corsair SF600 Platinum | Fractal Design Define Nano S | Dell U2518D | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL with Cherry MX Brown | Logitech G703