Wolfenstein New Order Shit FPS

Aseliot

Is this game unplayable for everyone with an AMD card or am  I just one of the unfortunate ones.

When you get out of the car in frotn of the nazi base i get ~ 28-33 FPS. Highest maybe 44 but i just can't play it like this becuase it drops to frequently and its just so awkward  :(

specs on my profile...

Lower your settings...

Lower your settings...

lol I get the same fps nomatter what settings. The game is just broken.

Works flawlessly for me, even when I tweak it beyond ultra settings. R9 290

My neighbour, with a 280x also doesn't have any issues. Which is quite close to your 7950 in terms of GPU architecture.

lol I get the same fps nomatter what settings. The game is just broken.

Wooooot!  :blink:

lol game is broken LOOOL, lol, ok game is not broken, you have an issue in your pc, then your pc is "broken" somewhere

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

Trying disabling any and all onscreen overlays, be it Steam or MSI Afterburner, and run it in windowed mode.  See if that solves the problem.

Resolution is not just a number, it's two.

lol game is broken LOOOL, lol, ok game is not broken, you have an issue in your pc, then your pc is "broken" somewhere

I can run Far Cry 3, metro last light, serious sam 3, but not wolfenstein?

I've googled and found people with this similar problem, Nvidia doesnt seem to suffer much though which is weird.

Also how can you really judge what a game runs like with a 4770k...

I can run Far Cry 3, metro last light, serious sam 3, but not wolfenstein?

I've googled and found people with this similar problem, Nvidia doesnt seem to suffer much though which is weird.

Also how can you really judge what a game runs like with a 4770k...

i dont even have wolfenstein, and i havent played it in my pc, so, i cant say if it has problems in my pc, but i havent seen a problem in other pc's maybe you have to reinstall drivers, i mean wolfenstein is an amd title, how can it not work in an amd gpu

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

i dont even have wolfenstein, and i havent played it in my pc, so, i cant say if it has problems in my pc, but i havent seen a problem in other pc's maybe you have to reinstall drivers, i mean wolfenstein is an amd title, how can it not work in an amd gpu

Well it seems like a lot of other people do have problems, at PCGamer they ran it on a 560Ti and and couldnt get it decently playable.

I understand it runs on the same engine as rage, which also had massive problems. So future drivers will probably fix it, i am still pretty pissed though =p

Maybe someone here knew a solution since some people seem to claim have fixed it.

Well it seems like a lot of other people do have problems, at PCGamer they ran it on a 560Ti and and couldnt get it decently playable.

I understand it runs on the same engine as rage, which also had massive problems. So future drivers will probably fix it, i am still pretty pissed though =p

Maybe someone here knew a solution since some people seem to claim have fixed it.

well to be honest the 560 ti is not suited for wolfenstein,and you know it, to old card for a very new game

well to be honest the 560 ti is not suited for wolfenstein,and you know it, to old card for a very new game

Not really. If the game scales properly it should work fine. The average PC gamer probably has a card less powerful than a 560ti.

What drivers are you using?

14.4 which are recommended everywhere I look, i've tried looking for 14.1 (someone on steam said it worked for him) but I can't find a real one anywhere...

Not really. If the game scales properly it should work fine. The average PC gamer probably has a card less powerful than a 560ti.

It's those kind of assumptions that never help anything. Using some real numbers, like the STEAM Hardware Survey, the most common dedicated GPU, a dedicated GPU being the baseline for someone to play real games like Wolfenstein, is a GTX 660. Followed closely in second place by a GTX 760. Just comparing reference models, a 660 is about 20% better/more powerful than a 560 Ti. Jump that 660 up to a non-reference and it's almost 30% better. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

14.4 which are recommended everywhere I look, i've tried looking for 14.1 (someone on steam said it worked for him) but I can't find a real one anywhere...

I am currently playing Wolfenstein on my AMD card, without any issues on catalyst 14.6. So trying 14.6 may be worth a shot for you.

It's those kind of assumptions that never help anything. Using some real numbers, like the STEAM Hardware Survey, the most common dedicated GPU, a dedicated GPU being the baseline for someone to play real games like Wolfenstein, is a GTX 660. Followed closely in second place by a GTX 760. Just comparing reference models, a 660 is about 20% better/more powerful than a 560 Ti. Jump that 660 up to a non-reference and it's almost 30% better. 

Yep you're right about dedicated cards. I shouldn't have used the word card. I went through all the numbers and it seems like at least 44% of users have graphics worse than a 560ti, that may be onboard or a weaker card. The actual figure may or may not be over 50% because there is a category called other.

Anyway back to my original point the 560ti is still a graphics card which can play any game in the market; and devs releasing games this year will want playable performance on it.

I am currently playing Wolfenstein on my AMD card, without any issues on catalyst 14.6. So trying 14.6 may be worth a shot for you.

Yep you're right about dedicated cards. I shouldn't have used the word card. I went through all the numbers and it seems like at least 44% of users have graphics worse than a 560ti, that may be onboard or a weaker card. The actual figure may or may not be over 50% because there is a category called other.

Anyway back to my original point the 560ti is still a graphics card which can play any game in the market; and devs releasing games this year will want playable performance on it.

Again, you are making horrible assumptions. With the release of the gen 8 consoles there has been a dramatic shift in what is considered reasonable in terms of hardware demands. The days of catering to old and/or weak systems is done for. At least until we get to the point again where console hardware is 10 years outdated again. Will you still be able to launch a game on some of that older hardware, yes. But do not expect for one second that it will run well, or even close to it.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Ran Wolfenstein TNO on my 3rd rig - AM3 X6 1100T + HD7970, and I get pretty playable framerates despite my using a Phenom II X6. It'd hang at 60fps with some dips to about 50fps, cut scenes can be a tad stuttery/choppy at times, but no real issue other than that.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so it appears that I only get ~35 FPS when I am at the part with the dam. For some reason looking into a certain direction gives me a massive framedrop. Doesn't seem right to me as i've just completed the game a second time on uber now some scenes do make a hit on my fps but everything is on the highest except PPF and shadow resolution obviously. On the coast I also get 45 fps sometimes but I kinda get that one way but eh.. it's still a bit suspicious.