Hmm.. Help ?

Nyxathid

how marketing works.

Thanks for all the post :D Tho I think what to do :P I will buy the pieces and then put them on my current case :D they wont suspect a thing 

Here's a thought. Make a list, have your gramps order everything to his house, build it there, and then just bring it home and say gramps bought me a computer?

If they get that upset about it that they threaten to kick you out over it, I'd call child protective services because their straight up insane. (or threaten to, and point out how insane they're acting, what kind of sick fucked up people would say "oh someone wants to buy you something, well you can't have that and you need to give us the money instead" to their own child?)

I mean no offense, but your parents sound like they need a giant fucking dose of sanity and or reality.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Its IMPOSSIBLE , when i mention the word PC they simply said NO. And then they said to me if you want i will get you a Macbook Air , and i was like WTF. Do you really think i want that piece of grabage?

After reading several posts and quotes. Ask them what makes the Apple products superior to a PC? Or why you shouldn't receive some compensation for your hard work? Try to get them to give you a logical explanation besides "We are your parents and what we say goes." But before you do make your case and make your answers concise and to the point. But make sure when you do that is doesn't seem like a malicious attack, but more that you are trying to reach an mutual understanding. Try to tactfully use your counterpoints though not to upset them but to augment their logic in a way that benefits your case. That is about the best thing i can come up with. it seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario regarding your parents, but definite KUDOS to you for helping your Grandpa, and to him as well for being willing to compensate you for your efforts besides quiet admiration.

After reading several posts and quotes. Ask them what makes the Apple products superior to a PC? Or why you shouldn't receive some compensation for your hard work? Try to get them to give you a logical explanation besides "We are your parents and what we say goes." But before you do make your case and make your answers concise and to the point. But make sure when you do that is doesn't seem like a malicious attack, but more that you are trying to reach an mutual understanding. Try to tactfully use your counterpoints though not to upset them but to augment their logic in a way that benefits your case. That is about the best thing i can come up with. it seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario regarding your parents, but definite KUDOS to you for helping your Grandpa, and to him as well for being willing to compensate you for your efforts besides quiet admiration.

My dad would say : Ah , you know Mac's are far more superior beacuse they are Mac's and Mac's are amazing , i only pay 20 $ of an OS update , but when i have windows i pay 120 $ for an OS update .. but what really bothers me the most is that they WONT use the Dog power (Horse power) that the Mac's have 

Here's a thought. Make a list, have your gramps order everything to his house, build it there, and then just bring it home and say gramps bought me a computer?

If they get that upset about it that they threaten to kick you out over it, I'd call child protective services because their straight up insane. (or threaten to, and point out how insane they're acting, what kind of sick fucked up people would say "oh someone wants to buy you something, well you can't have that and you need to give us the money instead" to their own child?)

I mean no offense, but your parents sound like they need a giant fucking dose of sanity and or reality.

Yeh , But its basicly my mom ... my mom commands my dad lol .. my mom had to work when she was 13 and thinks everybody should do the same . But i will buy the pieces and them mount the pc at my house when they are asleep since my room can see every part of the house xD But i have to do it quickly .. The only thing im afraid of its mouting the PSU cables all wrong xD

Again, I would point out that most of the business and computer world, disagree's with their mac fan-boy mentality. There is a reason that most businesses, and most people, use windows

Again, I would point out that most of the business and computer world, disagree's with their mac fan-boy mentality. There is a reason that most businesses, and most people, use windows

Yeh , i already have made up my mind , i will buy the pieces and then mount the pc at night while they sleep , my only concern is that they boot up the pc and see the mobo screen 

Yeh , i already have made up my mind , i will buy the pieces and then mount the pc at night while they sleep , my only concern is that they boot up the pc and see the mobo screen 

1. dont hook up the power button, and get a mobo with an onboard power button, we all know apple users (most of them anyways) are terrified of opening the case, I remember one specific apple ad where an apple user was complaining about having to upgrade the hardware in his pc. (moron lol)

2. Make sure its a badass powerful ass pc, for less than their crapple products, so if they do find out you can point out that you paid way less and got a far more powerful machine than anything apple makes (which would be easy with windows machines I think lol, but not entirely sure about that)

3. Find some way to ensure that the PC is legally considered your property, that way if they try to get rid of it or something you can claim theft or vandalism, then point that out to them.

1. dont hook up the power button, and get a mobo with an onboard power button, we all know apple users (most of them anyways) are terrified of opening the case, I remember one specific apple ad where an apple user was complaining about having to upgrade the hardware in his pc. (moron lol)

2. Make sure its a badass powerful ass pc, for less than their crapple products, so if they do find out you can point out that you paid way less and got a far more powerful machine than anything apple makes (which would be easy with windows machines I think lol, but not entirely sure about that)

3. Find some way to ensure that the PC is legally considered your property, that way if they try to get rid of it or something you can claim theft or vandalism, then point that out to them.

the 1 one i dont undrestand :\

There are motherboards that have power buttons on the actual motherboard itself, so you can turn the system on outside of a case (which linus always recommends when building a pc) to enable you to test the system and make sure there arent any broken components. This way your parents wont be able to figure out how to even turn the thing on lol.