Notebook graphics heatsink broke, need help finding solution.

Laftel

I have a HP DV7-2277cl refurbished notebook that I have been using for 4 years without problems until it broke last month and I have been trying to source parts for it. The graphics heatsink unsoldered from the rest of the cooling solution. I tried to resolder but I can't create enought heat without it dissipating throught the copper tube. I live on Brazil and the HP support here doesn't help since this model is North American. Do you have any ideas?

I have a HP DV7-2277cl refurbished notebook that I have been using for 4 years without problems until it broke last month and I have been trying to source parts for it. The graphics heatsink unsoldered from the rest of the cooling solution. I tried to resolder but I can't create enought heat without it dissipating throught the copper tube. I live on Brazil and the HP support here doesn't help since this model is North American. Do you have any ideas?

Would thermal adhesive work? Something like this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100013

I would apply some sort of heat at the heatsink to keep the whole thing warm with a heat gun or a flame, but you don't want to use something that would heat the aluminum fins beyond 400C as the fins will melt at 660C. heating the whole assembly should make it easier to solder onto the heatpipe.