best buy return question

JRuss16

i got titanfall for $40 at best buy and i have already used the cd key but i found it for $30 on the Microsoft store

so my question is can i buy it from Microsoft store and when i get it return the one i got from the Microsoft store to best buy and get back my $40

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

i got titanfall for $40 at best buy and i have already used the cd key but i found it for $30 on the Microsoft store

so my question is can i buy it from Microsoft store and when i get it return the one i got from the Microsoft store to best buy and get back my $40

They can price match it for you.

They can price match it for you.

already checked they will not price match Microsoft store

already checked they will not price match Microsoft store

Why not. I've asked before and they said as long as ____ is from a trusted retailer they could price match it.

Why not. I've asked before and they said as long as ____ is from a trusted retailer they could price match it.

well i can give it a try at a different best buy but the one i went to said no

well i can give it a try at a different best buy but the one i went to said no

If the other Best Buy says no you should ask for the manager and ask what the problem is with price matching it.

If the other Best Buy says no you should ask for the manager and ask what the problem is with price matching it.

i wonder how easy it is to cancel a order on Microsoft store i wont be able to make it down to best buy tonight and i do not know if the sale will be there tomorrow and if so i will not be able to price match it  

You could try price matching with other best buys.. They should be price matching 'cause Microsoft is a trusted retailer. Don't bother with returning though, no where takes opened PC games or even if it's out of the plastic wrapper that it came with.

i wonder how easy it is to cancel a order on Microsoft store i wont be able to make it down to best buy tonight and i do not know if the sale will be there tomorrow and if so i will not be able to price match it  

Just return the Titanfall you got from Microsoft. 

You can't return software that you've already opened. Especially since you've already used the CD-Key. They can't deactivate the key and refund you. Your best chance is to try and convince the manager to pricematch it.

Even if you could convince them to return it, you shouldn't, as that would be unethical since you would still have the CD-Key activated.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You could try price matching with other best buys.. They should be price matching 'cause Microsoft is a trusted retailer. Don't bother with returning though, no where takes opened PC games or even if it's out of the plastic wrapper that it came with.

i would be returning the unopened one i got from Microsoft

You can't return software that you've already opened. Especially since you've already used the CD-Key. They can't deactivate the key and refund you. Your best chance is to try and convince the manager to pricematch it.

Even if you could convince them to return it, you shouldn't, as that would be unethical since you would still have the CD-Key activated.

I guess you could try that. What's the return policy at Best Buy? 14 days?

I guess you could try that. What's the return policy at Best Buy? 14 days?

Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off then. Assuming you're obviously doing it within the 15 day period. Good luck and let me know how it goes so I can try it some time in the future.

well looking at best buys Low Price Guarantee they should price mach them

looking at Google map there is a Microsoft store right across the street i think that is in a 25 mile radius

At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.

A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off then. Assuming you're obviously doing it within the 15 day period. Good luck and let me know how it goes so I can try it some time in the future.

i got it today so yes

I was able to price match a printer at Best Buy today from some obscure online retailer on the other side of the country. So I don't see any reason why they wouldn't price match a local Microsoft store.

In this case it may work. It really depends on whether the barcode on the packaging matches or not. It's possible that the publisher manufactured several similar, yet distinct boxes for the games to distribute to different retail outlets.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)