Loop Fluid Gunk

Hello,

I'm having this problem with my loop in that there is this sort of reddish gunk building up only in certain sections. This problem has only recently come to my attention, and didn't expect this to happen as I made sure I cleaned out both rads and ran the system with distilled water before hand. I assume this 'gunk' is due to left over residue in the rads but I'd really appreciate any advice on why this has occured?  The coolant I'm using is Mayhems Pastel Ice white if that makes any difference.

I've attached some pictures to show the problem, as you can see the waterblock on the gpu is not prone to this gunk, so I assume that draining the loop and cleaning everything again would solve the problem? If so is there any sort of additives you would recommend I use to prevent this problem? Or a complete different coolant altogether?

post-43912-0-32408500-1403800194_thumb.j

post-43912-0-82311400-1403800202_thumb.j

post-43912-0-97520200-1403800214_thumb.j

post-43912-0-32408500-1403800194_thumb.j

post-43912-0-82311400-1403800202_thumb.j

post-43912-0-97520200-1403800214_thumb.j

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

Were these rads 2nd hand?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Were these rads 2nd hand?

Nope everything I bought was brand new

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

Nope everything I bought was brand new

The colour looks like it might have come from copper (dust?) from the rads

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I'm using Mayhems Pastel Ice white, combined with tygon tubing. Notice the coolant through the waterblock for you GPU seems white while the coolant in your tubes seems reddish. This could be because the tubing reacts to the pastel hvite coolant. My tubing has reacted to my tygon tubing and the inside of the tubing has turned a greenish color, while the coolant in the res seems like it's brand new. It also says on mayhems website that their pastel range requires correct tubing for their pastel range of coolants. 

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/pastel.html#.U62kcPl_ve8

I'm using Mayhems Pastel Ice white, combined with tygon tubing. Notice the coolant through the waterblock for you GPU seems white while the coolant in your tubes seems reddish. This could be because the tubing reacts to the pastel hvite coolant. My tubing has reacted to my tygon tubing and the inside of the tubing has turned a greenish color, while the coolant in the res seems like it's brand new. It also says on mayhems website that their pastel range requires correct tubing for their pastel range of coolants. 

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/pastel.html#.U62kcPl_ve8

Thanks for that info, I never knew that. I ended up draining the loop yesterday, cleaning everything, and re-filling it and that has solved the problem-it is now all the same distinctive ice white colour.