First gaming pc using Node 804

Hi,

I am planning to build a gaming PC with some financial help from my parents. I have studied components and got input from friends and here is my short-listed build.

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=313853&action=wish_lists

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 - I really like this case and It fits nicely on my desk.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K

CPU COOLER: Corsair H75 - Downgraded from the H100i to help fit in a ssd

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1. Sniper Z87 M5

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz - Looks nice

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked ACX cooler - Suggested better cooling performance than the blower variant 

STORAGE:

Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Downgraded to allow ssd in price

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Is this enough for the boot drive?

PSU: Corsair RM-650w - Heard it is a solid psu. Is this right? Should I get another one?

Thank you to anyone that answers.

GPU:I would get a open air cooler. Like MSI's twinfrozr, Gigabytes windforce etc. The case isn't that small, so it shouldn't be a problem. And those coolers are much better (quieter and cooler) than the stock blower one. Otherwise you can buy an extra casefan later or something (I don't remember how many the node ships with).

Motherboard: You can save a couple of bucks by buying this one: Asus Z87M-plus. There is a Z97 version too.

Z97 gives you SATA express, and the ability to upgrade to broadwell without buying a new motherboard.

HD: I would really recommend buying an SSD right away. If you can afford it. 120GB are fairly cheap now. So if you save some bucks on the MB and maybe only a 1TB HDD you can squeeze an SSD in there. :-). I have ther Samsung EVO 500GB and I like it. :-).

RAM: If you don't care about looks you can buy Corsairs valueselect or Kingstons ValueRam, for a little cheaper. They have no nice looking heat spreader though.

Good luck:-)

Unless you are planning to overclock a huge amount, just get a cheaper air cooler or 120mm rad aio. Get a cheaper 770 and use the saved money to get an SSD.

Hi,

I am planning to build a gaming PC with some financial help from my parents. I have studied components and got input from friends and here is my short-listed build.

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=313853&action=wish_lists

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 - I really like this case and It fits nicely on my desk.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K

CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i - Is this a good choice? My friend has one and it works awesomely, should I consider this cooler or another one?

Motherboard: MSI Z87M Gaming Motherboard - I think it is a good choice. Is it a good choice? Is there any benefit to get the Z97 version?

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz - Choose this to avoid clearence issues with the rad in the top. Is it necessary? In linus' case review he said he had to use LP ram.

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked (blower cooler) - I vaguely remember Linus saying that blower style cooler on gpus are better for small for factor pcs. Is this true? If not what 770 should I get?

STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - I only have the money for a hard drive. Is this a good choice? What other one should I choose?

PSU: Corsair RM-650w - Heard it is a solid psu. Is this right? Should I get another one?

Thank you to anyone that answers.

Woops forgot to quote you before. And @frontliner is correct, you can also save bucks on the Cooler. But you will sacrifice OC potential.

Edited with help from the posts of @ibbadib and @fontliner

120GB is enough for Windows, Steam and a few more programs.