Black screen after startup

Go to solution Solved by Asif saeed,

SO i tried a method i.e is to plug gpu run safe mode and disable older graphics drivers. then run windows in normal mode download new drivers and it woks..............

Hello guys bear with me its gonna be long.
I bought a graphics card from eBay ( second hand) MSI r9 270x HAWK at 120 bucks.
When i plugged in my graphics card it worked fine. I downloaded some drivers and uninstalled my old nvidia ones but after that when i restarted the pc the screen went black after the window boot up ( you know when the window logo disappears and stuff)
And the screen flickers. But when i use mouse the arrow shows up on screen but not the display and all.
I should mention that I have shitty Psu 500w the 18 dollars one.
After 3,4 times of restart the I noticed a sound coming from psu's fan
Then I tried my older graphics card and its working.
Please help me with some thing. What could be the problem.
(My older gpu is gt610)

does your PSU support r9 270x? with 2 6pin power connection?

change your PSU to a better one.. have some 80+ certified PSU

and try purchasing known brands.. for safety and long lasting service

and get the latest drivers at MSI website for better performance (because the card itself is from MSI :P )

What output are you using for your monitor? There could be a chance it's displaying to an alternate output and treating your main monitor as a secondary. I'd suggest trying different outputs, even the one on your Motherboard.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

does your PSU support r9 270x? with 2 6pin power connection?

change your PSU to a better one.. have some 80+ certified PSU

and try purchasing known brands.. for safety and long lasting service

and get the latest drivers at MSI website for better performance (because the card itself is from MSI :P )

Yeah i guess psu is bad but i think that its not psu fault. I searched internet and many people have same issue but none is answered clearly.

What output are you using for your monitor? There could be a chance it's displaying to an alternate output and treating your main monitor as a secondary. I'd suggest trying different outputs, even the one on your Motherboard.

I hsve only one output. I.e hdmi

I dont have any other do you know how to change.

If you can't change your output manually by using a different cable, try unplugging the display and restarting your computer. Once it should be at the login screen plug your monitor back in. If it doesn't recognize your monitor as the main output try typing your password to log in and see if that brings you to the desktop. If that works you should be able to change the display settings from there.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

SO i tried a method i.e is to plug gpu run safe mode and disable older graphics drivers. then run windows in normal mode download new drivers and it woks..............