Google I O

Any thougths on the google press conference? if you miss it you can cacht up with this play list from the verge

I wasn't too thrilled by anything they announced there. It was just kind of meh. 

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

I just went to bed, couldn't be bothered watching that I still have school xD

What the hey....

Nothing out of left field. All the announcements were pretty much expected.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

As you all may or may not know, google had their keynote for Google I/O today, where they announce everything from a preview of the next version of Android, L, android auto, android TV, android wear, and a whole host of changes/new stuff to pretty much all the services they have to offer

If you have not watched the keynote address, I highly reccomend that you do. It is 3 hours long, but there is so much that they discuss that it wont feel like a 3 hour presentation.

At this stage, there isnt one single thing that i could say was my favourite part, since there was so much information to take in, even with day 2 to come.

What i will say is that it has me so excited about where android is going more so than ever.

One thing that stood out during their keynote today was that they didnt bash the opposition, yes they said  'here's what we have done, what we are doing to make it better, and why you should use it and be apart of our eco system'.

edit, they did say that widgets etc has been around for the last 4 year, a perfect jab at Apple, but other than that it was extremely professional the whole way through.

Apple at their conference, take every chance to rile the opposition for no real good reason, and what do they have to show for it, very little IMO.

With Google and what they showcased today it certainly makes me want to be more involved and apart of the android ecosystem going forward.

This may make me look like a  Google/Android fanboy, but since owning a Galaxy Nexus, A Nexus 7(2012), and now a Nexus 5, I have come to really appreciate what they have built,and improved.

The experience is so great for me, that it would be impossible to consider another platform as the other competitors just dont have anything appealing to offer me

they are also offering a developer preview of Android L, the next version along with an updated SDK from tomorrow sometime, for the Nexus 5 and 2013 Nexus 7 as far as i am aware from what i have read. more here

http://developer.android.com/preview/index.html

To me, today was a showcase of real innovation, and that has me excited for android in the future

What are your guys thoughts on it, if you have watched or read anything about it today???

Looking for a job