Issues with new setup

Ok guys, so last night I help my stepdad build his computer, and everything went fine til last night. I was booting and getting into windows. We then we proceeded to do Cable management and finish putting it together. When we went to go power it on, it fired up ok, but my stepdad told me he noticed LED's that were on now that weren't before. Quick manual check and they're the phase LED's. and since those LED's have lighten up, the computer will not post. We didn't do much after that because it was 1 in the morning, so we will be back at it this afternoon The colors are yellow-yellow-red-red

Specs are as follows

Mobo- gigabyte g1 assassin

CPU- core i7 990x

Ram- 24gb of crucial ballistix tracer

VGA- gtx 680 classified

Neutron gtx for boot drive

Corsair h100i for CPU cooling

Psu- corsiar ax 1200i

If you need anything else let me know, and thank you for your help in adv advanced

It sounds like something isn't plugged into the right slot, or nothing is plugged into a slot.

I would check to make sure all the slots have something it them (I noticed there are a lot of slots on that mobo), then check to see that they are the right cables, many cables look similar.

It sounds like something isn't plugged into the right slot' date=' or nothing is plugged into a slot. I would check to make sure all the slots have something it them (I noticed there are a lot of slots on that mobo), then check to see that they are the right cables, many cables look similar.[/quote']

Thanks for the tip. I was planning on disconnecting then reconnecting everything once I got home

Ok, got home and i disconnected everything, and only reconnected the atx, cpu, and vga power cables. i took out 1 of the 2 ram kits installed, and it did not post. Also, the phase led's i listed were wrong. it's green-green-yellow-red. about to switch ram kits and go from there.

EDIT; the ram lights up when the pc turns on, and the led's on the top(which change on usage) dont light up, which always do

RAM still didn't light up. going yo go throw it in my rig and see what happens

Threw the Ram in my rig, as well as the gfx card, both worked just fine, just took the CMOS battery out, going to wait 10 minuets to put it back in. And we'll see what happens next

if any of you guys have suggestions, please let me know. I'd like to get this fixed by me, than my stepdad take it to someone like bestbuy

There's a small chance one of your screws are too tight that attach the motherboard to the case. Sounds strange but i have had this problem a fair few times on an asus motherboard. (No idea why must short something out)

Ok officially posted :). Turns out the CPU power cable had a single cable not connecting. Kinda feel like a dunce now. There will be a build log of this machine going up in the near future

Glad you got it all sorted :)

Looking forward to the build log aswell!