H100 Problems

HDZx

Need some help with this. Corsair has not replied to me after 3 days, but i'll give them some more time.

My original H series H100 is making a loud sound from the pump. I sounds like an old hard drive.

I have read that tons of people had this issue with the H100... and it could be air in the pump. But i'm not sure.

If anybody could help please reply.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

try tilting the computer to remove air but I don't think its air. you just need to get an RMA. lots of people are saying there slow on the RMA they could of taken a break over the holidays. when i needed a RMA on my H70 I got everything done and shipped out in 4 days.

It's a common problem with the Hydro series. A couple things you could try, if you haven't already. As said above, tilt your case and try to get the air out of the system. Move the rad around, place the tubes at the bottom and leave it sit for a while, this should allow the coolant to flow downwards and, hopefully, eliminate any air bubbles causing the noise. If none of this works, i guess it's time for RMA. Good luck with it.

It happened to my H60. I tried to ran the PC tilted overnight and it didn't work. I tried to ran the pump at lower RPM for some hours and the noise went away.

• MB MSI Z77A-GD65

CPU Intel Core i7-2600K + Corsair H60 + 2x Alpenfohn Wing Boost

RAM Corsair Dominator 16 GB

GPU MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II / OC

SC Asus Xonar D2X

SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB

HDD WD Black 1 TB + Blue 1 TB + Green 500 GB

PSU Corsair HX650

Case NZXT Phantom 820 Black

Rheobus NZXT Sentry LXE

Monitor: 3x LG IPS231P + Philips 298P4Q

Hi-Fi Onkyo HT-S3305

OS Windows 8.1 Pro

Yeah I had the same problem, sounds like you should RMA it. I know Corsair's staff took an extended break over the holidays so they might just be catching up with all the support requests from their time off. I'd say give it a few more days and if they don't get back to you try submitting another RMA request.

Edit: I should add that I had no problems with Corsair's RMA department. After the original response time (which took 2 or 3 days), they got back to be very quickly to answer any questions I had, and on request they even sent me a pre-paid shipping label so I didn't have to pay anything. :)

Point is, Corsair has good support from my experience and from the experience of many others. I know it can be frustrating but you'll get it RMA'd one way or another.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Thanks guys for the tips! Eric, I wasn't saying Corsair's support is bad. They are a great company so i found it kind of odd they have not responded, i have gotten some replacements in the past and everything went very smooth.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png