windows 7 wont start

jn7507

windows 7 boots with black screen and cursor

can you give more information? did you just install it? what are your system specs? did you change hardware/drivers? we can not help you like this you have to give detailed infos, then i would happily help you ;)

it is my moms pc she tried to turn it on but only the cursor showed up. it a hp pc with a core i3. there has no changes to the hardware and i have no idea about drivers i think it is set to auto install. 

Keep hitting F8 when you start up the machine and when you get a screen full of white text, with a list of options, use the arrow keys to select "Last Known Good Configuration". This works once in a million, but it is the easiest fix. If it doesn't work, repeat the process and select "safe mode" instead.Hopefully you get in to safe mode and you can system restore the machine to a point when it was working (type system restore in the start menu and go through the wizard). Hopefully that is helpful.

well now it boots but i have a new problem that it takes about 5 mins to boot and is very unresponsive at the beginning 

well now it boots but i have a new problem that it takes about 5 mins to boot and is very unresponsive at the beginning 

its a laptop and i assume it has a mechanical harddrive in there so you really dont get around that easily