worth waiting?

So, since I want to go 4k i thought that instead of getting my pc (dual 290s,custom WC and a lot of otehr goodies) i thought of waiting for the new gen of both cpus and gpus (from all manufacturers) so what do you think..

I would probably wait. Let the 4K epicness mature a bit, which means better optimisation,more content, less expensive,more choices to pick, and then enjoy it.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Yes.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I would wait, we aren't really ready for 4K, especially in gpu power and ui scaling.

I would wait, we aren't really ready for 4K, especially in gpu power and ui scaling.

thats why  i want to wait.

There's a long ways to go before 4k is a viable option in my opinion. Hardware needs to improve both on the monitors and the gpu side of things. Windows needs to adapt to the larger resolution ie. better scaling. Then you have the price, right now the experience is new, there's a lot to learn from it and becoming an early adopter into it you'll pay for it. Just give it a while, let everything catch up with the new tech and upgrade then.

I would say go ahead and build your rig to suit your needs for today, then when the time comes that 4k is reasonable upgrade your rig or build another. It might seem like a worser option, but you can't always keep waiting for the next big thing or you'll never build your rig. Just build it now to suit the monitor you want that the hardware can keep up with and enjoy what you have for a while.

It's nice to have the newest and best things, but that doesn't mean having anything less is worse. Just means you got a good head on your shoulders in regards to the future.

As for myself I'll be going dual 1440p 27" ips panels soon, then sli my 780. Keep that for a few years until 4k comes down and the graphics card start to struggle. Then I'll update everything when the time is right. :)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor