Mousepad for Logitech G500s

Hello!

I want to buy a logitech G500s, and I want a matching mousepad, I dont know if i want speed or control, lets say both, I want good reliability.

I don't know what is the sizes I need because I am replacing my desk..

1. what do you reccomand for small mousepad? (QCK mini, mm200 compact, Roccat Taito Mini or other)

2. what do you reccomand for normal size? (Mionix Ensis 320, Roccat Alumic, Razer Vespula, Razer Sphex, Qck mass, Mionix Sargas 320 or other)

Thanks

TamirCJ

Roccat Hiro, Roccat Raivo(surface is Extremly smooth), Razer Goliathus, Roccat Alumic, Steelseries 9HD

what about the QCK?

• 1 month later...

i'm using the steelseries one and it feels pretty nice, not the hard one.

Steelseries QCK is a good mousepad.

I own the Corsair MM200 and I find it very usable. They're all pretty similar in the end.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I edit the post, please help

I have a Razer Kabuto that I use with my G600. Overall it's a really nice mousepad, but I find it a tad difficult to keep clean.

The Steelseries QCK mousepad is pretty good imo and you could do small movements easily.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I edit the post, please help

ok, here's some insight since I have a g500s and a Qck mousepad. 

a mini would be fine if you are going to use a high dpi setting ... but if let's say you're going to use like below 1600 dpi .. then a normal might be good.

Another thing you need to consider is the screen resolution... because that will affect how much you will travel. 

as far as which mousepad you listed in your original post ... in my opinion ... mouse pads are mouse pads ... you just need to know if you like the hard surface or the soft surface. (if not, someone can help him out with which one to pick)

QcK and be done with it.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

but some people say that it is only good for optical mouse and the g500s is laser mouse

but some people say that it is only good for optical mouse and the g500s is laser mouse

laser can track any surfaces without any problem ... 

optical on the other hand need certain surfaces to fully optimize ... 

go Qck

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

what do you think about the razer vespula and Roccat Alumic?

I would go with the Roccat one since this is made out of aluminum which makes it very rigid and well built unlike the plastic on the Razer Vespula + there are more positive reviews in Roccat than the Razer one.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

so I go with the Roccat Alumic or the QCK mass, depending on my budget. what do you think?

so I go with the Roccat Alumic or the QCK mass, depending on my budget. what do you think?

The Roccat Alumic is both for high and low sensitivity gamers. So If you like playing games with low sensitivity but sometimes want precision when you are doing other stuff, go with the Roccat Alumic. If you just want a mousepad that gives your mouse more control, the QCK Mass is the one to go with.

Usually hard mouse pads glide easier than than soft mouse pads.