Graphics Problem?

Go to solution Solved by Lancer14711,

what do you mean verify game files...

Go to the properties of the game, local files tab, verify integrity of game cache

1) I come home,

2) Booted up my PC,

3) Loaded steam,

4) Proceed to launch Dota 2,

5) Needed update (about 400MB),

6) Updated,

7) Launched Dota,

8) Then when i got to the main menu everything went hay wire!

I think the game got a huge visual overhaul and now i have green boxes all over the place. Also instead of regular text there was all this code stuff. Eg instead of home it was #dota_dashboard_...(i have no idea what language). 

Please help,

I think I might need to update some sort of driver, is this what is causing it. (Aussie Internet is so slow so i avoid downloading updates)

Thanks.

P.S I will upload some pictures soon maybe even a video later.

| AMD FX8320 - 3.9Ghz |MSI R9 270x OC | 16GB 1866mhz DDR3 | 990FX Extreme 9| 650w 80+ Gold | 8.1 Pro | 128GB Samsung SSD | WD Blue 1tB HDD |

Try updating your drivers to the latest WHQL driver.  Am unsure for AMD but I think its 14.4.

I am in Australia too, but it only takes 5 mins to download an NVIDIA Driver (roughly 225MB).

Download the new driver then go take a dump or something  :P so when you come back its done. (I'm assuming you have the same speed internet as me) 

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Update drivers, verify game files , if nothing works delete game , redownload . Thats sure to fix it.

Try updating your drivers to the latest WHQL driver.  Am unsure for AMD but I think its 14.4.

I am in Australia too, but it only takes 5 mins to download an NVIDIA Driver (roughly 225MB).

Download the new driver then go take a dump or something  :P so when you come back its done. (I'm assuming you have the same speed internet as me) 

Update drivers, verify game files , if nothing works delete game , redownload . Thats sure to fix it.

All right then ill get back to you on the weekend (got some exams tomorrow). Ur probably right....

| AMD FX8320 - 3.9Ghz |MSI R9 270x OC | 16GB 1866mhz DDR3 | 990FX Extreme 9| 650w 80+ Gold | 8.1 Pro | 128GB Samsung SSD | WD Blue 1tB HDD |

All right then ill get back to you on the weekend (got some exams tomorrow). Ur probably right....

Ok good luck on exams

OK I'm on 14.4 still get the green boxes not the funny code text though.

Go to the properties of the game, local files tab, verify integrity of game cache

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Thanks it worked!