New Build Suggestions ^-^

Hi all!

I am building a new PC, and would like to see if I can improve on anything.

My budget is $1000-$1100, will be browsing, light photo editing and gaming, although I do not HAVE to have the highest settings, I don't mind playing a game on medium as long as the framerate is good, I will be gaming on a single 1080p monitor.

PART LIST

Intel Core i5 4590 ($225)

ASRock H97M-ITX/AC ($129)

RIpjaws Z 8GB DDR3 (1x8) ($99)

ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GB  ($159)

Bitfenix Prodigy Black ($79)

Bitfenix Fury 650W ($159)

TOTAL - $850

REASONING 

CPU - I am not interested in OC'ing, and I'm not much of a power user, don't think I could use the power of a higher end CPU anyways.

Motherboard - Not the best, but it has everything I need, no need for Z97 so it's H97, and one thing I do need is integrated WiFi, as there is only one expansion slot on the mobo, and this seems like the best and the best priced for my needs.

RAM - 1 stick of 8GB, I intend to upgrade to 16 later, so I don't wanna go for 2x4, since there's only 2 memory slots on the mobo.

SSD - 256GB is pretty much all I need for now, will get a mass storage drive in the future.

Case - Bitfenix Prodigy, pretty self explanatory, pretty much only mITX case whose aesthetics I like.

Power Supply - The PSU I was gonna get earlier was a Sliverstone 600W 80 PLUS BRONZE, for $99, and I was gonna get separate sleeving extensions, those were gonna cost about $40~. I thought for an extra 20 bucks I get the sleeving pre-attached and 80 PLUS GOLD, why not? 

GPU - Not yet decided, I don't need a 780 Ti, but I was thinking maybe a 760 or a 770 for my needs. 

I will also only be buying from PCCaseGear, as I've had bad experiences with places like MSY, and I fully trust PCCG.

Thanks in advance!

Would you consider an R9 280x for a gpu? It is a bit cheaper than the GTX 770 with nearly identical performance. Just don't go for the GTX 760. It is a great card, but you can afford better.

I should be studying.

Would you consider an R9 280x for a gpu? It is a bit cheaper than the GTX 770 with nearly identical performance.

Yes I would, everything gets at least consideration from me :P

Is the XFX Cooling solution sufficient? As it is on sale for $329

Yes I would, everything gets at least consideration from me :P

Is the XFX Cooling solution sufficient? As it is on sale for $329

The XFX cooler is great, but don't get the OC'd version. You can get the regular one for much cheaper and overclock yourself: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9280xtdfd

I should be studying.

Oh you are in Australia...the prices are different. It is $265 in America. Well yeah that one if it fits in your budget. Maybe you can go with the GTX 760 or GTX 770. Whatever is cheaper. How much are GTX 770's over there?

I should be studying.

Oh you are in Australia...the prices are different. It is $265 in America. Well yeah that one if it fits in your budget. Maybe you can go with the GTX 760 or GTX 770. Whatever is cheaper. How much are GTX 770's over there?

an EVGA one is $429, but a Galaxy one thats on sale is $369

an EVGA one is $429, but a Galaxy one thats on sale is $369

Oh okay. I would go with the R9 280x then, if it fits your budget. If not, the GTX 760 is great too, You will be able to play at high-ultra settings at ~60 fps @ 1080p.

I should be studying.

Oh okay. I would go with the R9 280x then, if it fits your budget. If not, the GTX 760 is great too, You will be able to play at high-ultra settings at ~60 fps @ 1080p.

Well 760's are almost the same price, around the $300~ mark, so I'll go with a 280x. Thanks!

Well 760's are almost the same price, around the $300~ mark, so I'll go with a 280x. Thanks!

Alright! Glad I could help. Good luck on your build!

I should be studying.