Can't turn on new computer

Go to solution Solved by godlikegohan,

the link in the above post .shows you how
here is a video . not in the video he is flashing a different  gigabit broad.
but updating the bios will be the same. just different  files
the bios file name  will be  X79UD5.13p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlx5GBkiaM0&list=PL412D6E2389D0F5C7

I'm having trouble turning on my computer for the first time. I get to the first page where it says the brand of the motherboard and says: "TAB post screen" "DEL  Bios Setup\Q-Flash" "F9 System Information" "F12 Boot Menu" "END Q-Flash".

I have a keyboard connected and it lights up, but nothing works. What should I do and what is the problem? I have tried different USB slots, and I don't have a PS/2 keyboard.

Motherboard: GA-X79-UD5

Keyboard: Logitech G110

Did you install any OS?

I can't get that far, the keyboard doesn't work.

I can't get that far, the keyboard doesn't work.

Insert an installation DVD or USB drive and proceed with installation. (Many OS installations you can click through)

I don't know why, but when I put in the installation DVD, nothing happens. It spins very fast, I can hear that, but nothing happens.

I don't know why, but when I put in the installation DVD, nothing happens. It spins very fast, I can hear that, but nothing happens.

It's OK. Now, reboot your PC and as soon as you see post (lots of letters) start mashing F12 then choose Optical drive (or something similar). 

There is no text, there is only this gigabyte screen.

It is not a picture of my system, but it is that screen.

There is no text, there is only this gigabyte screen.

Gigabyte Pic.jpeg

It is not a picture of my system, but it is that screen.

Can_t_turn_on_new_computer_Troubleshooti

I can't see that picture. Post it at http://postimg.org/ and send me the link.

Sorry, meant to show this pic:

av0ity.png

Hope it works

That is the first and only screen to pop up.

Your keyboards appears to require drivers to operate. Get some old PS/2 keyboard and proceed as previously mentioned, you can switch them when you install your drivers.

I found an old keyboard with PS/2, but still the same problem.

I don't know if it helps in any way but, the motherboard beeps every 30 seconds or so for 2 minutes and then comes a black screen with a rapidly flashing underline in the top left corner. I still can't type anything though.

Weird. Sorry I couldn't be more of help. I would call the store where I bought it and ask for a full refund  if I were you at this point.

Weird. Sorry I couldn't be more of help. I would call the store where I bought it and ask for a full refund  if I were you at this point.

Could it be that the Titan is not compatible with the motherboard right out the box?

Well..the photo you have posted is the correct start screen for your MB..so it is working to some degree..can you provide your complete spec..?..psu,cpu,gpu, ram..etc and when you plugged in the PS2 KB..you did it with the power off..and then started the computer..did the KB light up in any way..?.. 

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Well..the photo you have posted is the correct start screen for your MB..so it is working to some degree..can you provide your complete spec..?..psu,cpu,gpu, ram..etc and when you plugged in the PS2 KB..you did it with the power off..and then started the computer..did the KB light up in any way..?.. 

Everything is completely new.

• CPU: i7-3820
  • GPU: Titan
  • PSU: XFX Pro 850w 80+ Gold
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB
  • HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
  • SSD: Samsung 840 Pro
  • DVD: Samsung SH-224BB
  • Cooler: H100i
  • Motheroard: GA-X79-UD5

The keyboard does light up. I can press for example Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock and the light shows on the keyboard. I can hear a sound, like a weak drum, from the motherboards speaker when I press a key. I mash on every key it tells me I can press to move on, but nothing happens. I have tried multiple keyboards, so it can't be the keyboard.

I have sent a complaint to the shop I bought it at. I think they are going to send me a new one, and if that doesn't fix the problem, then I don't know what to do.

I live in Norway, so everything is about 25% more expensive than in the US. This computer cost me 17 000kr, which is equivalent to 2900 US Dollars. I am so mad right now.

Make sure your keyboard isn't plugged into a usb3 port 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Make sure your keyboard isn't plugged into a usb3 port 

I have tried both usb 2.0 and 3.0 and even used a PS/2 keyboard. They do light up, they just don't do anything.

Are you running the system on the motherboards antistatic bag? try checking for any shorts or loose cables. Also make sure your system isn't overheating (make sure you applied thermal paste)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Are you running the system on the motherboards antistatic bag? try checking for any shorts or loose cables. Also make sure your system isn't overheating (make sure you applied thermal paste)

Are you supposed to do that? I thought antistatic bags where only effective on the inside?

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

The motherboard was installed in the case all the time. I used the thermal paste that was included with the H100i.
That doesn't matter now, I have allready taken the motherboard out and into its original packaging to ship it to where I bought it to get a new one.

(I will post here again ones I get the new motherboard, hopefully I won't need to)

Now I need some new thermal paste. Do you know of any good thermal paste?

exactly! as a rule of thumb, you should not place the mobo on top of the static bag.  I don't know if you're comfortable in troubleshooting the problem yourself but you can do a few things to determine what's the problem.  Try to see if you can run your computer at a bare minimum... meaning, video card, 1 stick of ram and storage.   I truly hope you can figure it out.   I know it can be very frustrating having technical difficulties with your computer.  Just recently I had my video card go bad on me.

good luck!!!