HyperX Cloud Headset or G4ME Zero?

Go to solution Solved by Silent_R493,

I wanted to know what other people think of the Hyperx Cloud, this my first time hearing of it, I'm not well versed in audio. I also wanted to know how this stacks up against the G4ME Zero and One. In my opinion these seem to be perfect headphones to me for the price. They have good sound quality on both the mic and headphones with good frequency response. Their impedance is 60Ω so it should work on mobile devices. The cords, including the microphone, are detachable. We all know the cords depreciate (spelt deprecate again instead of depreciate) far faster than the actual cans. Lastly they are stylish and affordable at 100 dollars.

I haven't used them myself, but I know lots of people here think highly of them. I see them recommended in alot of posts. That said, I don't think they are in the same class as the G4ME ZERO's, but they are also less than half the price. It really just depends on how much you are willing to spend on a "gaming headset."

-This

The can't be compared directly.  But you can't go wrong with the HyperX Cloud if you on a budget and want an all-in-one solution for gaming. They are Pretty Decent and a good value. 

I use PC 350 SE which are pretty much the same as G4ME Zero.  They sound really good.  Clear highs, good mids, tight bass till amp'd then their punchy but still not emphasized in EDM or bassy music but its quality thing not quantity. but it is good quality bass.

It really does come down to what you are willing to budget for your sound and if you want your audio cans to be an all-in-one like a High quality headset or a Headphone/Mic combo.   

I wanted to know what other people think of the Hyperx Cloud, this my first time hearing of it, I'm not well versed in audio. I also wanted to know how this stacks up against the G4ME Zero and One. In my opinion these seem to be perfect headphones to me for the price. They have good sound quality on both the mic and headphones with good frequency response. Their impedance is 60Ω so it should work on mobile devices. The cords, including the microphone, are detachable. We all know the cords depreciate (spelt deprecate again instead of depreciate) far faster than the actual cans. Lastly they are stylish and affordable at 100 dollars. But is the G4ME Zero worth the extra money? 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I haven't used them myself, but I know lots of people here think highly of them. I see them recommended in alot of posts. That said, I don't think they are in the same class as the G4ME ZERO's, but they are also less than half the price. It really just depends on how much you are willing to spend on a "gaming headset."

I wanted to know what other people think of the Hyperx Cloud, this my first time hearing of it, I'm not well versed in audio. I also wanted to know how this stacks up against the G4ME Zero and One. In my opinion these seem to be perfect headphones to me for the price. They have good sound quality on both the mic and headphones with good frequency response. Their impedance is 60Ω so it should work on mobile devices. The cords, including the microphone, are detachable. We all know the cords depreciate (spelt deprecate again instead of depreciate) far faster than the actual cans. Lastly they are stylish and affordable at 100 dollars.

-This

The can't be compared directly.  But you can't go wrong with the HyperX Cloud if you on a budget and want an all-in-one solution for gaming. They are Pretty Decent and a good value. 

I use PC 350 SE which are pretty much the same as G4ME Zero.  They sound really good.  Clear highs, good mids, tight bass till amp'd then their punchy but still not emphasized in EDM or bassy music but its quality thing not quantity. but it is good quality bass.

It really does come down to what you are willing to budget for your sound and if you want your audio cans to be an all-in-one like a High quality headset or a Headphone/Mic combo.   

-This

I can spend up to 350 dollars. I'm just wondering if its worth getting it over the HyperX Cloud. Besides audio quality I am drawn to the fact that the mic is detachable and you can actually use em outside without looking stupid. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

I can spend up to 350 dollars. I'm just wondering if its worth getting it over the HyperX Cloud. Besides audio quality I am drawn to the fact that the mic is detachable and you can actually use em outside without looking stupid. 

g4me zero is better, but i would get g4me one if ur using onboard

I am going to say no. The Sennheisers are not worth it because those are a bit overpriced where as the Kingston is actually a pretty good value. The HD518 plus a modmic is only $140 so that means there is about a $40 markup for the headset. 

At full price of MSRP Sennheiser wants not really a value but their are very nice.

I got my PC 350 SE's off Amazon Warehouse Deals for $127 even w/ 2 day shipping.  They were listed as Used - Like New.  which just means the packaging was scratched/corners damaged. basically new in box.

This for me was a great deal since HD 380 Pros go for around $130 new.    

Maybe consider something similar; like i did with warehouse deals.   otherwise with a budget like yours their is plenty of headphone/mic combos that could be recommended.

Headsets  are convince and preference thing.   for great audio quality out of them you either have to find an awesome deal or pay though the nose.  

I am going to say no. The Sennheisers are not worth it because those are a bit overpriced where as the Kingston is actually a pretty good value. The HD518 plus a modmic is only $140 so that means there is about a $40 markup for the headset. 

G4ME Zero is an HD 380 Pro.  MSRP = $199.95   Amazon = $130    Headset cost is determind by the MSRP of the headphone + adding mic to design.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/monitoring-headphone-studio-professional-audio-hd-380-pro

you could DIY the HD cans and a mic for less then the headset for sure though.   I got a deal on my set; reason why i went that route. 

G4ME Zero is an HD 380 Pro.  MSRP = $199.95   Amazon = $130    Headset cost is determind by the MSRP of the headphone + adding mic to design.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/monitoring-headphone-studio-professional-audio-hd-380-pro

you could DIY the HD cans and a mic for less then the headset for sure though.   I got a deal on my set; reason why i went that route. 

I was talking about the one but even for the zero used HD380 pros are $65. There's really no reason to go for the Sennheiser headset. Even so, I actually thought the Zero was based off of the HD280 pros.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-380-Pro-Collapsible-Professional/dp/B001UE6I0G

Even if you go off the normal price, zeros are still $215 which still has a premium of $35 so my previous statement still stands. 

-This

Well I think based on this I'll probably go with the HyperX Cloud. But if they ever make a nicer pair of HyperX headphones with a larger price tag I think I'll jump on that.