NAS help

Horrerblade

Hey guys first time posting in the networking section so go easy on me but my boss is looking for a solution to a problem, the problem is that he needs some way to back up really big files wireless and to be able to access those files. I was looking at this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822186364 and that looks pretty good. I was wondering if i use that via the Ethernet port would i be able to transfer items and large-ish files to that drive quickly. Its going to be an onsite job but tucked away in some corner. Also is that upgrade able to a larger drive if i want? Would he be able to accesses files from that anywhere in the world? and lastly from what i told you would you all just recommend me build him a server?

(drop box/drive is not an option already maxed out)

We need more information. How big and what type of files will you be transferring? What kind of wireless are you using. It sounds like the biggest limitation will probably be wireless bandwidth. The NAS itself should be able to saturate most wireless links. If you're going to be setting it up for remote access you better have a decent upload and download speed through your ISP or else file transfers are going to be extremely slow.

Your text is also very hard to read with the color you have chosen.

It will be fine as long as you got a 1Gbps routor and a good fast internet connect eg you want at least 20mbps down and a 5mbps up

also make sure the HDD is a good one and your be fine

with this setup you can transfer files after than if you were doing it over USB 2.0

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!