Problem: The following channel memory did not pass CPU memory test

My system:

- Asrock q87 pro V (before i had a Asus CS-B - changed it for this Asrock-MB, because i thought that one ram-slot is defect - but on the asrock-MB now there is the same problem, except that i get the message: The following channel memory did not pass CPU memory test)
- CPU: Intel 4570T
- RAM: Patriot 2133 Mhz 16GB (2x8GB) (I tried also Corsair 2x8GB 1333Mhz Dimms - but same problem)
- Cooler: Noctua NH 14 - but also tried with intel-stock cooler.

i get this message when i try to boot the system:

The following channel memory did not pass CPU memory test.
Please remove the memory, then plug again.
Channel B

The pc boots if i press F1 (continue) but obviously only one RAM-Dimm does work.
I changed the Dimm-config in all variations, tried only one Dimm, then both... since i tried one RAM Dimm in B1 i get the same message now for Channel A

The following channel memory did not pass CPU memory test.
Please remove the memory, then plug again.
Channel A

I couldn´t manage to get both Channels working... but all RAM-Slots seem to be ok also the RAM itself.

I tried CMOS, changed Mainboard, Cooler, PSU. RAM...

Probably the CPU is the reason... but i don´t have a 2nd 1150 CPU...

Any advice or idea how to solve the problem?

its probably the mobo

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

sounds more like a os problem tho

have you tried running 3rd party memory tests to make sure the ram is fine? HCI Memtest is fast

I have tried 2 different brandnew Mobos... so i don´t think that both are defect.

I also don´t think that it has something to do with the OS - because the message comes before it boots into BIOS and there also only one Ram-Dimm is detected.

Any other ideas?

@MEmory itself: I have tried corsair 2x8 GB Dimms (1333 Mhz) and this Patriot-Kit - i have with both RAM-Kits the same issue :-(

• 3 years later...

Same problem, but on Asrock Z87E-ITX. I write inspect of the post is old, because I think It could be of some help for somebody else.

My motherboard started to show the error on POST: 
the following channel memory di not pass CPU memory test.
please remove the memory then plug again
Channel A

I had G.Skill TridentX, but I bought 2 Corsair.
I noticed I had the same problem on the same channel also with Corsair.
I started to exchenge modules and despite wich module I used, I always had problem on channel A. No way.

I wrote to Asrock. As always they replied (great support everytime). They suggested to:
* unplug the mobo and keep it unplugget for 10 minute
* remove the RAM modules
* clean the modules with a rubber.
* clean the slot A with rubber or something that could fit (i tried in different way, than clean with compressed air).
* clear the CMOS.
* plug the RAM and power and start.
No way. Same problema on Channel A with both RAM types.

Reading different posts, somebody wrote someting related to CPU. mmm... interesting.

I removed CPU, and .... ops, There was something on one pin.. It seemed (but it was very very very very smal, that a pin orientation was not correct). Th pins are all oriented diagonally with respect to CPU socket borders. One pin was parallel, so in a different orientation. I had to use a magnifier and a very powerful light.

I tried to move the pin with a small plastic part, very smal, usign the magnifier, tring to orient the pin diagonally. I did it. Then I cleand the contact surface of the CPU. Then I plugged the CPU on the socket and I noticed also that plugging the CPU (the way i did it) could cause the pin bending.(exactly that pin).. so maybe the problem started when I pluged it the first time. 

I put the cooler, and power connections... and start....

The Channel start to show RAM modules, either G.Skill and Corsair... 
Now it works great.

I hope it could help.
&

• 2 years later...

@Andreazauli

U do really help me.

Thanks for ur post.

I just remove cpu and checked the pins.

All are looking good and i just rubbed my cpu with eraser.and then put it back.

its work now.

Thank u guys 

<Message deleted>

Edited by jeffjr
Old post