Notebook shuts instant down

nexxos

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and first of all, excuse me for my bad english, english isn't my mother tongue.

I have an annoying problem with my notebook. Since 2-3 month, my notebook shuts instantly down while playing games.

With instant shut down i mean it just shut down like i would disconnect it from power. The screen goes black and then it restarts

on its own. There is no bluescreen nor a error message. Sometimes, but not everytime, this repeats (the insta shut down) 2-3 times

in a row while booting Windows. Also, this only happens while playing games, normal usage like watching streams, videos or so wont trigger

this problem.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard Model:                                                           MSI MS-16F2
Motherboard Chipset:                                                        Intel HM67 (Cougar Point) [b3]
Processor Name:                                                               Intel Core i7-2670QM
CPU Brand Name:                                                              Intel® Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Video Card:                                                                        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M [MSI]
Video Chipset:                                                                    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M
Video Chipset Codename:                                                 GF114M
Video Memory:                                                                   1536 MBytes of GDDR5 SDRAM
BIOS Manufacturer:                                                              American Megatrends
BIOS Date:                                                                          11/21/2011 (can't find a update :( )
BIOS Version:                                                                   E16F2IG6 V3.0Q

What I already have done:
I have already done something. 

I cleaned my fan (was very dirty).
I changed my CPU Thermal Compound and my GPU Thermal Compound.
I did a GPU stress test with MSI Kombustor and checked my temp with GPU-Z and Core Temp during the test.

During the stress test, my notebook shuts down after 1 minute 10 seconds @ GPU 78°C (172,4°F) and CPU 65-75°C (149-167°F)
Good to know, my CPU already was @ 90-95°C before changing the Thermal Compound, so I dont think the CPU is the problem.
(btw it is now much much colder ^^)

I dont know what i can do now, because the problem is still there... Please help me :3 I would really appreciate it :D

I believe this is due to overheating. Do a one hour stress test, I'm pretty sure your GPU temps and CPU temps will rise to dangerous lvls therefore making your PC do a automatic shutdown to prevent hardware damage. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I believe this is due to overheating. Do a one hour stress test, I'm pretty sure your GPU temps and CPU temps will rise to dangerous lvls therefore making your PC do a automatic shutdown to prevent hardware damage. 

I can't do a one hour stress test, because my notebook shuts down after 1-2 minutes ^^ just did another stress test, 3 minutes and shut down... GPU @ 83 °C (181,4°F) and CPU @50°C (122°F)

I believe it is an overheating issue. I would recommend cleaning out the heatsink and fan.

Quote me to get a reply!

I can't do a one hour stress test, because my notebook shuts down after 1-2 minutes ^^ just did another stress test, 3 minutes and shut down... GPU @ 83 °C (181,4°F) and CPU @50°C (122°F)

Hmm strange... can you use something else to monitor temps? Try HW monitor and let us know what you see...

It shouldn't shutdown due to overheating at those temps.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I believe it is an overheating issue. I would recommend cleaning out the heatsink and fan.

I cleaned my fan (was very dirty).

I changed my CPU Thermal Compound and my GPU Thermal Compound.
I did a GPU stress test with MSI Kombustor and checked my temp with GPU-Z and Core Temp during the test.

During the stress test, my notebook shuts down after 1 minute 10 seconds @ GPU 78°C (172,4°F) and CPU 65-75°C (149-167°F)
Good to know, my CPU already was @ 90-95°C before changing the Thermal Compound, so I dont think the CPU is the problem.
(btw it is now much much colder ^^)

I dont know what i can do now, because the problem is still there... Please help me :3 I would really appreciate it :D

he already cleaned it out i guess.

Still sounds like overheating.

Check the hard disk drive and motherboard temperatures as well when testing, those might be the problem, temperatures for graphics card and  cpu are fine.
Also, make sure you have a backup of the hard drive data, as long as you don't know what you are dealing with, prepare for the worst.

EDIT: 

Make sure you have the latest graphics card driver.

While browsing or doing no graphics-intensive stuff, your notebook uses the onboard graphics, as soon as you use the graphics card,it fails. 

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Still sounds like overheating.

Check the hard disk drive and motherboard temperatures as well when testing, those might be the problem, temperatures for graphics card and  cpu are fine.

Also, make sure you have a backup of the hard drive data, as long as you don't know what you are dealing with, prepare for the worst.

EDIT: 

Make sure you have the latest graphics card driver.

While browsing or doing no graphics-intensive stuff, your notebook uses the onboard graphics, as soon as you use the graphics card,it fails. 

I have installed the latest driver for my graphic card... and to be honest, i think the problem exists since then.

I have made a video showing HWinfo during the stress test + shutdown.