Multiple Reviews on the Cooler Master V650 Power Supply!

Lately, these three tech channels on YouTube made reviews of the Cooler Master V650 Power Supply.

LinusTechTips: 

JayzTwoCents: 

Tek Syndicate: 

They are the only tech channels that I watch from.  :P

Coughcough, Linus' is my favourite. 

What is the point of this post? It is very common for multiple reviews of the same product to exist in the youtube tech community.

Personally I gave my props on this one to Teksyndicate for doing a teardown, that is always something I like to see when looking at a PSU and normally it takes me to JonnyGuru to find that.

What is the point of this post? It is very common for multiple reviews of the same product to exist in the youtube tech community.

Personally I gave my props on this one to Teksyndicate for doing a teardown, that is always something I like to see when looking at a PSU and normally it takes me to JonnyGuru to find that.

I'd personally only go to Jonnyguru if I wanted to buy a power supply.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I remember watching another teksyndicate power supply review where he flailed the PSU. Might've been another V___S series unit. He annoyed me in a couple ways in the review, like referring to the details of the power supply as boring stuff you don't need to worry about, and then described the basics you can gather from Cooler Master's website alone. This review was pretty decent. Nice and clear, I have no issues with it.

The LTT video spent most of the time covering the aesthetics and cables, and the closest to discussing the internals was mentioning CM's marketing point of using 100% Japanese capacitors. I'd like to get way more detail, but I shouldn't really complain. This amount of detail is pretty good for a review, not everyone wants loads of details on the internal components.

The JayZTwoCents video just drags on IMO. The other two get the information out there in half the time and more clearly.

One thing to mention alongside the amps on the 12V rail is that this means the 12V rail can supply the full 650W alone.