EVGA SuperNOVE 850G2 or Corsair 860i?

JoshuaGuti

Never used an EVGA PSU so interested if anyone has used one? Either way Corsair is way more expensive, even the 760i is more then the EVGA 850. But I don't mind spending more if Corsair is better/worth. Thanks!

whatevers cheaper, both corsair and evga make amazing psus 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

^dis

^dis

sidv 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

The word "make" can't really apply to either of them :P

still 100% agree with you.

The word "make" can't really apply to either of them :P

still 100% agree with you.

*sigh* re brand...... happy? 

Specs

*sigh* re brand...... happy? 

Kinda. It isn't always rebranding either :P sometimes they have an OEM make it to exact specifications.

Sorry lol

Both are excellent units. Flextronics makes the AXi, Superflower makes the G2. If the G2 is cheaper, which it usually is, when I would suggest that over the AXi.

It isn't always rebranding either sometimes they have an OEM make it to exact specifications.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer = Manufacturer. Manufacturers make the product, Corsair and EVGA rebrand them. Neither of them make any power supplies themselves. If they are rebranding it, that means they had an OEM make it.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer = Manufacturer. Manufacturers make the product, Corsair and EVGA rebrand them. Neither of them make any power supplies themselves. If they are rebranding it, that means they had an OEM make it.

I uhh... Yeah I know.

There have been cases where companies have an OEM make a PSU to a specific spec, the OEM doesn't actually sell it themselves and the company is the only one selling it. In that case it is not rebranding, since it was made solely for said company. That was what I was getting at >_>

@JoeyDM Ah I see. I usually don't make the distinction between rebranding units that the OEM sells themselves or doesn't.

EVGA for that 10 year warranty  :)

I have the 750 g2, It was between that and the rm 650, n I chose EVGA, I think I made the right choice, but whatever you choose is obviously upto you.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Super Flower > Flextronics. Get the EVGA unit.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Flextronics is a better OEM than Super Flower. Of course, that doesn't mean that the AX760i/860i is a better purchase than the G2. If we go by OEM only, I would say go for the Delta build Antec HCP-850 Platinum, despite that it cost as much as some excellent 1000-1300w units.

Anyways, they are both excellent build and excellent performing (electrically) PSUs. There are few potential issues I have with the AXi and that is the selling point of the Corsair Link may report inaccurate readings and some, but not all, have complained about the fan profile of the AXi. Plus, the 850 G2 would offer better value due to the higher output while still being cheaper. The money you saved for getting it instead of the AX860i can be put into your other components or the individually sleeved cable kit that EVGA offers (if you like these types of cables).

Short answer? EVGA. Long answer? EVGAAAAAAAAA... :P . ^quan289 already explained why. Better value for your money and stupidly long warranty (10 years).