CompTIA A+ Certified

imperialplanet

I took my A+ Certification today, I I was wondering how many of you have it?

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Did you have fun marking down answers for irrelevant tech like floppy drives or irrelevant info such as pin count on ram? :P

Haha good job. Did not know of this test before now, I just googled it.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Did you have fun marking down answers for irrelevant tech like floppy drives or irrelevant info such as pin count on ram? :P

Really? When was this test created?

I had to it was 75% of my grade but it was stupid and very irrelevant

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Really? When was this test created?

Take a practice test sometime, you'll see many outdated questions.

I had to it was 75% of my grade but it was stupid and very irrelevant

I want to get certified, but it's kinda discouraging to fail practice exams because the topics covered have no merit in modern computing. Even old Dell boxes at business don't have floppy drives anymore. How long did it take you to study to pass?

I want to get certified, but it's kinda discouraging to fail practice exams because the topics covered have no merit in modern computing. Even old Dell boxes at business don't have floppy drives anymore. How long did it take you to study to pass?

Not even sure why people still take CompTIA A+ certification tests anymore. Very few, if any, employers care about CompTIA certs. Both Microsoft and Cisco certs are really the only certifications that hold any value anymore.

Not even sure why people still take CompTIA A+ certification tests anymore. Very few, if any, employers care about CompTIA certs. Both Microsoft and Cisco certs are really the only certifications that hold any value anymore.

Because there are still stubborn businesses/employers that think a certification gained from knowledge of outdated hardware no one should be using anymore has more merit than hands on experience with hardware now.

I failed but but most of the question are out dated and it's not very logical.

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I agree.

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Because there are still stubborn businesses/employers that think a certification gained from knowledge of outdated hardware no one should be using anymore has more merit than hands on experience with hardware now.

Really? Most places I've worked at have explicitly stated they couldn't give a rats ass about CompTIA certs and that experience was far more important.