Bios flash

BendyStraws

Im using an evga  z68 sli micro board and keep trying to flash the bios. Just as i go to flash, windows always restarts. Nothing happens. At first i thought this was because im using raid0 so i used an old hard drive to boot a fresh os. Same thing. Restarted after i tried to flash the bios. I know its the right bios, i got it from the evga website. Any idea whats wrong?

Im using an evga  z68 sli micro board and keep trying to flash the bios. Just as i go to flash, windows always restarts. Nothing happens. At first i thought this was because im using raid0 so i used an old hard drive to boot a fresh os. Same thing. Restarted after i tried to flash the bios. I know its the right bios, i got it from the evga website. Any idea whats wrong?

Is there a bios function to flash your bios? I wouldn't recommend flashing bios in Windows because they are sometimes buggy.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1886220

i was following those steps 

I would use these steps to flash the bios: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1142390

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I tried that as well, i kept getting an error. Ill try again and let you know the error.