Brand New Dream Machine: 4090+7950X3D Black Screens

twmatt

Hey everyone,

Generally I'm pretty good with this stuff, but this has stumped me. I have a brand new rig I just built, got a great gig to afford to build my dream machine: GTX 4090 & 7950X3D in a Singularity Computers Wraith, EK blocks, dual Samsung 990 Pro's in RAID 1+0, 64gb of Corsair Dominator RAM, and a Silverstone SX1000 Platinum SFF PSU. 4090 has a 4x PCI-E 8pin adapter, everything is snug. Monitor is an Alienware AW3423DW 34' OLED. Is a gorgeous machine.

The problem is, very randomly I'd get black screens that even a driver refresh hotkey wouldn't do anything and I had no BSOD, music keeps playing everything- I shut off the PC turn it back on. First it was when playing RDR2 with HDR, at the start there was no issue- everything was beautiful for about a week, I started overclocking the 4090 and 7950X3D- bang, black screen. I remove the OC, still happening irregularly after a few hours of gaming. Then I find somewhere to disable Windows 11 HDR- I do, everything's perfect for awhile again, I find out also I should update my 990 Pro's firmware and do so in Magician. Then, same deal (black screen) but even more rapidly- I could hardly get to the desktop without a black screen which never happened before. Then, I DDU'd, repaired Windows files, and back to normal again for awhile- same issue returns playing Cyberpunk. Cannot even look at HDR without a crash, but without it was fine for probably 2-3 weeks, then now back to even without- black screens.

I will attach 2 minidump's, if you could be of any help, seriously this is driving me insane. Many of you can probably relate, an hour or two of a game is my meditation from work, so this has been horrible lol. I have had some weird electrical problems in my master bedroom, but I dont think its related. It also doesn't even seem the GPU is particularly stressed when failing. I've previously thought RAM or a weird SSD issue causing this, but this is where as stated- going insane. I really do not want to take parts out of this system (need to drain a loop). Lastly, I have hated this monitor, I have heard other people having issues with this particular monitor, problems with displayport cables and other oddities.

Right now I have been okay, I decided to try a tip from elsewhere and limit my 4090 to 90% power, probably a false sense of security as its an irregular problem. Sorry for the rambling and thanks again!

062824-34812-01.dmp 062924-8234-01.dmp