Missing file privs after almost every restart for both steam and egs

thighz

It doesn't seem to be every time I shut down my pc but frequently I have to clear my egs cache and steam download cache then go into admin mode on egs/steam just to allow downloads. I already set myself as an admin and have the only account on the pc and have it allow admin access to all users. Is there a specific setting from windows 11 I'm missing? This started a few weeks ago but was never a problem before about a month ago. Anyone know or have a solution on how to fix this from reoccuring? It's these errors specifically each time. i-keep-getting-this-every-time-i-try-to-play-v0-91o2mekmysic1.thumb.webp.14389a3064edbf63f96f028e2a819fb8.webpi-have-been-having-issues-with-downloading-every-game-in-my-v0-n76806ryhyfb1.webp.93febba158a5ca7b37cc374606aa81d1.webp

Have you done a SFC/DISM scan?

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

30 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Have you done a SFC/DISM scan?

No I'm not sure what I would do

24 minutes ago, thighz said:

MSXKIB0.png

Great. Windows found some problems and fixed them
Now run also in an admin CMD window (as always, for safety, google commands before running them)
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

I'm hoping there is just some corrupted registry files or something that's causing this and the SFC/DISM runs will fix them. After running those, do a windows update and reboot and we can see if it's fixed.
It's possible that it won't fix the problems and you could try uninstall/reinstall of Steam and EGS, but it's possible that the only fix will be a reinstall of windows

21 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Great. Windows found some problems and fixed them
Now run also in an admin CMD window (as always, for safety, google commands before running them)
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

CubX5Xr.png

18 minutes ago, OddOod said:

After running those, do a windows update and reboot and we can see if it's fixed.

Windows says I'm up to date HJeGIlv.png do I just restart my pc?

Also, problem is there's no 100% guarantee it'll happen after every restart but I've noticed it several times because I shut down my pc every night. It may seem fixed for a few days before I find it broken again.

Yeah, if this doesn't fix it, and reinstalling the launchers doesn't fix it, I'd reinstall windows. 
There is a slight possibility that you've got a dying SSD, but I'd be surprised given that you're not experiencing any other problems

Just now, OddOod said:

There is a slight possibility that you've got a dying SSD

I recently checked the crystaldiskinfo and they all seemed fine and this happens on 2 ssds and my hdd so I'd be surprised.

It doesn't seem to have fixed it with steam but the simple workaround rn is just running steam in admin mode

Seems to be fine with EGS though I just tried downloading a small game and it didn't give me the same error as before