Noob Alert! Looking a powerful build for building projects, gaming and also using it as a server so that I can host and run as a remote desktop conn.

VijayArun
Go to solution Solved by PDifolco,
4 hours ago, VijayArun said:

Budget (including currency): 1000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA titles at 1440p, building web projects, docker containers, using as a home server(sorry if I sound funny I am not sure if this is possible) connecting remote even if I am not home so that I can connect from laptop and work on my system, NAS

Other details: Also attached the below parts, as of now due to budget constraints removed the graphic card will get a good one once I save the enough money getting one. I have a Lenovo Slim Pro 7 which as configuration of AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS with Radeon Graphics 7 with NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3050 6GB, but the point is when I am running required software for building we projects 93-96% of RAM being utilized.

Games are not mandatory right now for me, that I can do it later, for now for educational or self learning purpose I wanted to build a PC or even a mini PC without gaming that is readily available for me to work on my projects that can run multiple servers like spring boot, REACT, ... etc. I also would like to have the PC as connected to the home network and available even when I am not at home, would be helpful if any resources provided how to make one once i buy my build. Attached below is the build i wanted to get and will add a graphic card, as I will be exceeding my budget with this build already.

I have also looked a mini pc, as gaming is not a mandatory thing but I just wanted get my build be powerful enough for projects build faster with multiple tasks avoiding a expensive build, but here and there when I see reviews people say there are glitches that acts as cons in getting them. So I was looking at Apple mini or https://www.geekompc.com/geekom-mini-pc-gt13-pro/. So I request all the tech geeks who see this post help me get one.

Thanks a lot for everyone who see this post and spend their time in life on reading and responding.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 000721.png

You absolutely don't need a 14700K, an AIO and a Z790 board for a NAS/dev machine

A NAS can work on a potato, and an i5 non K/R5 would much better fit your budget, you can even get a decent GPU for gaming

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($189.86 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ MSI)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory  ($98.20 @ Amazon)
Storage: Solidigm P44 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Speedster QICK 319 Core Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1058.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-26 05:27 EDT-0400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA titles at 1440p, building web projects, docker containers, using as a home server(sorry if I sound funny I am not sure if this is possible) connecting remote even if I am not home so that I can connect from laptop and work on my system, NAS

Other details: Also attached the below parts, as of now due to budget constraints removed the graphic card will get a good one once I save the enough money getting one. I have a Lenovo Slim Pro 7 which as configuration of AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS with Radeon Graphics 7 with NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3050 6GB, but the point is when I am running required software for building we projects 93-96% of RAM being utilized.

Games are not mandatory right now for me, that I can do it later, for now for educational or self learning purpose I wanted to build a PC or even a mini PC without gaming that is readily available for me to work on my projects that can run multiple servers like spring boot, REACT, ... etc. I also would like to have the PC as connected to the home network and available even when I am not at home, would be helpful if any resources provided how to make one once i buy my build. Attached below is the build i wanted to get and will add a graphic card, as I will be exceeding my budget with this build already.

I have also looked a mini pc, as gaming is not a mandatory thing but I just wanted get my build be powerful enough for projects build faster with multiple tasks avoiding a expensive build, but here and there when I see reviews people say there are glitches that acts as cons in getting them. So I was looking at Apple mini or https://www.geekompc.com/geekom-mini-pc-gt13-pro/. So I request all the tech geeks who see this post help me get one.

Thanks a lot for everyone who see this post and spend their time in life on reading and responding.

No gpu and you want to game? An AIO is useless get a aircooled one, you don't need a z790 for your needs a b660 is good. And consider using a i5 or switching to team AMD and going for a 7600x, it's cheaper and it's very solid, you need to change mobo for that(B650 mobo). Use https://pcpartpicker.com/ instead its way better. 

On 6/26/2024 at 1:07 AM, VijayArun said:

I mean itll run AAA games at 1440p..... at 2 fps

Why is there no gpu?????

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

1 hour ago, VijayArun said:

Id recommend a 360mm AIO, and definitely not that model, quite lacking, i doubt it would properly keep up with the 14700K at all, and has has been mentioned, GPU

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem, max OC]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

29 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

I mean itll run AAA games at 1440p..... at 2 fps

Why is there no gpu?????

2 fps? That's a stretch.

As Unstable As LGA 1700

2 hours ago, VijayArun said:

as of now due to budget constraints removed the graphic card will get a good one once I save the enough money getting one

Did no-one read the post??

Console.WriteLine("Hello World!");

3 hours ago, VijayArun said:

as of now due to budget constraints removed the graphic card will get a good one once I save the enough money getting one

buy a used rx 570/580 4gb for 30-40$ so itll atleast be able to game (similar to 1060 6gb in performance), theyve hit rock bottom for pricing so when you save up enough to buy a better gpu you can resell it for the same price you bought it

4 hours ago, VijayArun said:

You absolutely don't need a 14700K, an AIO and a Z790 board for a NAS/dev machine

A NAS can work on a potato, and an i5 non K/R5 would much better fit your budget, you can even get a decent GPU for gaming

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($189.86 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ MSI)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory  ($98.20 @ Amazon)
Storage: Solidigm P44 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Speedster QICK 319 Core Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1058.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-26 05:27 EDT-0400

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

They would like to game as well

2 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

7600 is 100% fine for gaming though

System specs:

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem, max OC]

4 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

7600 is 100% fine for gaming though

1440p AAA?

Thought I skimped a little with my 7600X

16 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

With no dGPU ? 😄

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

19 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

1440p AAA?

Thought I skimped a little with my 7600X

the higher the resolution the lesser the cpu you need to run as youll become more and more gpu limited

System specs:

Just now, TatamiMatt said:

the higher the resolution the lesser the cpu you need to run as youll become more and more gpu limited

True, I just assumed AAA games would still need a beefy CPU

Just now, Blasty Blosty said:

True, I just assumed AAA games would still need a beefy CPU

depends which AAA, everything from cyberpunk/starfield/Alan Wake 2 to COD/CS2/Valorant, both AAA style games but one style is more leaning towards a decent balance and using the cpu more and getting high framerates, the other one decided to assume the average user has the computing power to run an enterprise data server in their desktop

System specs:

9 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

depends which AAA, everything from cyberpunk/starfield/Alan Wake 2 to COD/CS2/Valorant, both AAA style games but one style is more leaning towards a decent balance and using the cpu more and getting high framerates, the other one decided to assume the average user has the computing power to run an enterprise data server in their desktop

Ah I see, thanks for the insight!