Sudden line in monitor

Go to solution Solved by RockSolid1106,
14 minutes ago, sweshy said:

i think its just dead pixels

12 minutes ago, superdumbbrosTTV said:

Yeah probably dead pixels

What? Dead pixels show up in a straight line?

I'm pretty sure this is just a loose connection @White3859

I was eating dinner and look over to see a single horizontal line in my main monitor. I tried changing cables and ports on graphics card but it's still there. The line gets thicker when I lower the Hz or change resolution. I didn't hit the monitor for the line to show up but I just gave it a firm tap on the display and now the line is pulsing lighter, sometimes disappears.

Does it sound like a loose internal connection or did the display just suddenly go bad?20240616_204039.thumb.jpg.f7be3c6da05c7bad7853469c8f70aab1.jpg

5 minutes ago, sweshy said:

Do dead pixels flicker and sometimes go away when hit?

3 minutes ago, White3859 said:

Do dead pixels flicker and sometimes go away when hit?

not sure sorry

Yes they do you can fix it by sending it for repair or using dead pixel stress tests as dead pixels appear when the pixels die and lose color so flickering colors sometimes fix dead pixels just don't expect it to work as it didn't work when I did them but they are harmless so you can try

14 minutes ago, sweshy said:

12 minutes ago, superdumbbrosTTV said:

Yeah probably dead pixels

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

2 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I'm opening it up now to see if there is anything inside obviously wrong. I have tried all graphics ports and 4 cables, 2 display port and 2 hdmi. HDMI has the thickest line and graphical distortion. 

I took it apart and blew out all the connections. The line is still there but significantly fainter. Still flickers and completely disappears still. Somehow it disappears when I zoom into a picture, but only full screen; zooming into a windowed picture it stays. 20240616_224711.thumb.jpg.cff8c11d7711fe0c81dde1e4863edced.jpg

23 minutes ago, White3859 said:

I took it apart and blew out all the connections. The line is still there but significantly fainter. Still flickers and completely disappears more often. Somehow it disappears when I zoom into a picture.

-snip-

Is it possible for you to take the back cover off and just make sure any internal connectors are connected properly? I know some people aren't comfortable opening stuff up and that's understandable.

I suspect the cable going to the display panel(I think it is a thin and wide, white cable) is a tad loose, just push it snug into the connector. That's all you can really try doing on your own honestly.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

14 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Is it possible for you to take the back cover off and just make sure any internal connectors are connected properly? I know some people aren't comfortable opening stuff up and that's understandable.

I suspect the cable going to the display panel(I think it is a thin and wide, white cable) is a tad loose, just push it snug into the connector. That's all you can really try doing on your own honestly.

I can live with it the way it is now with it being significantly fainter. I agree with and appreciate you diagnosis. If I notice it getting worse I will tear it down again and re-seat the cables. 

The next day here and the line is completely gone, like it was never there. I guess sleep is still the best medicine.