Case power button wire connection

Go to solution Solved by OzZy15,
31 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

It doesn't fit on the left side? 

Yup LMAO, I tried the left side and it did indeed turn on, thx chief

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/84VJ9c
that’s the parts I have right now, and the cord/wire for the case power button won’t connect on the motherboard, no matter how much I budge it. Idk if it’s in a different area. Any help is appreciated.

the images show where I’m plugging it in and what it looks like. Also it’s the right side of the giant rectangle I have on there

IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6757.jpeg

11 minutes ago, OzZy15 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/84VJ9c
that’s the parts I have right now, and the cord/wire for the case power button won’t connect on the motherboard, no matter how much I budge it. Idk if it’s in a different area. Any help is appreciated.

the images show where I’m plugging it in and what it looks like. Also it’s the right side of the giant rectangle I have on there

IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6757.jpeg

sadly you are using the right header and cable it apears the board and that cases io is incomapble due to it not being stanedered aorry for spelling https://www.amazon.co.uk/AZDelivery-MB-102-Breadboard-Kit/dp/B07K8PVKBP/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2M05Z6VQFGXT5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.A7UL3aW1haA5anJ9pwVrL2HpHyK1viviLNAUpLWLa-Tgs49tFd84fYjgmW-uavaJm2lygJXx3qXWMbmJZr100TbTtmBL8ypXlUnYQis7p116LvqfVTb43qOPLm3xdUBZbgzMQg0Oe8Tii6yrVrkusXArs6912g7H-sLlUHUInGUkkYN7gXOCJjDdikS8qcmtfn1WF6lG4sTwKhRAKod-IokGNJnOeZGuYKtIf7fi8qnaIEuM4vRh_p2zF93wwIeYVZ-VpR3qO9HQxjG5QQoXTCSBe2VAMryUYF5o5r6jpxg.aFeOhO2N-yhUwulK54IL6tKLZS8MkX68aM_kFwQXgMo&dib_tag=se&keywords=pin+to+pin+jumper+cable&qid=1715900708&sprefix=pin+to+pin+jumper+cable%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-6 but that amzon product can hep u break out the pins from the headder to the board for cheap

The manual is here :  LAN216-manual.pdf

On page 4, you have the description of the connector :

image.png.8de02ead7e722a9bf4539406c5206b65.png

So if you look at the connectors, the pins on the side with the little arrow are from top to bottom 1, 3, 5, 7  and the pins on the opposite side are 2, 4, 6 , 8, 10

On the motherboard, the header is  (page 27 in manual) :

image.png.ef6acef0a3673377827f1d6e1ce13f4c.png

So what you have to do is take the connector, have the arrow pointing towards the top of the board and insert it into the LEFT side of the header

This way PLED+ and PLED-  are your power led pins, so they'll connect with pins 1 and 3 of the header,  power button is pins 5 and 7, so they'll connect to PW+ and PW-  (though there's no polarity, it's an on/off  momentary connection)  and pins 6 and 8 match the reset switch pins in the header.

31 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Yup LMAO, I tried the left side and it did indeed turn on, thx chief