Stuttering after buying new PC parts

Hey hai. Not too long ago (about a month ago) i bought new PC parts but i've been having a lot of stuttering in games. The parts i bought/upgraded are:

GPU: RTX 4060 8gb

CPU: I5 14400F

RAM: 2x 16gb 3200mhz

Storage: 1TB M.2 Kingston SSD

MOBO: MSI PRO H610M-E DDR4

I completely reinstalled windows 11, fresh install. GPU drivers downloaded straight from Nvidia, same with Mobo drivers from MSI (using the MSI center or something like that -idk the name atm-). Yet my games (Cyberpunk 2077, COD MW3, BeamNG, Forza Horizon 4, VRChat, Rainbow Six Siege and a few other games that i play, still have stutters and i'm unsure what to do.

Only thing i haven't upgraded so far is my PSU (i have a 550W PSU), but after looking some stuff up, apparently a PSU won't make my games stutter.

anyone maybe know what i could possibly do to stop the stuttering as it's getting really annoying and frustrating at times.

thanks in advance~ 

~Arezra

What PSU do you have? Just making sure it's not a bad one that could possibly deliver bad power to your parts causing your stuttering.

In relation to this, check the power draw and usage of your components (mainly gpu) and compare online to see if it is being used as it should.

2 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

What PSU do you have? Just making sure it's not a bad one that could possibly deliver bad power to your parts causing your stuttering.

In relation to this, check the power draw and usage of your components (mainly gpu) and compare online to see if it is being used as it should.

I have a 550W LCPower PSU. I've had it for around 5 years now.

I guess I would try and update the BIOS if any newer versions are available. 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

1 minute ago, BetteBalterZen said:

I guess I would try and update the BIOS if any newer versions are available. 

I've done that already~ still the same results sadly

9 minutes ago, CutieArezra said:

I have a 550W LCPower PSU. I've had it for around 5 years now.

Not the best but doesn't sound too bad, shouldn't cause any issues. Do you have a friend you could swap parts with to see if it is a hardware issue? Could try swapping the GPU first to see if the issue changes places or stays with you.

5 minutes ago, CutieArezra said:

I've done that already~ still the same results sadly

Alright, sorry to hear that. 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

31 minutes ago, CutieArezra said:

Hey hai. Not too long ago (about a month ago) i bought new PC parts but i've been having a lot of stuttering in games. The parts i bought/upgraded are:

GPU: RTX 4060 8gb

CPU: I5 14400F

RAM: 2x 16gb 3200mhz

Storage: 1TB M.2 Kingston SSD

MOBO: MSI PRO H610M-E DDR4

I completely reinstalled windows 11, fresh install. GPU drivers downloaded straight from Nvidia, same with Mobo drivers from MSI (using the MSI center or something like that -idk the name atm-). Yet my games (Cyberpunk 2077, COD MW3, BeamNG, Forza Horizon 4, VRChat, Rainbow Six Siege and a few other games that i play, still have stutters and i'm unsure what to do.

Only thing i haven't upgraded so far is my PSU (i have a 550W PSU), but after looking some stuff up, apparently a PSU won't make my games stutter.

anyone maybe know what i could possibly do to stop the stuttering as it's getting really annoying and frustrating at times.

thanks in advance~ 

~Arezra

Have you tried running, CPU-Z and GPU-Z to see the usage of the CPU/GPU and the temperatures when playing games?

1 hour ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Not the best but doesn't sound too bad, shouldn't cause any issues. Do you have a friend you could swap parts with to see if it is a hardware issue? Could try swapping the GPU first to see if the issue changes places or stays with you.

I mean, i've tried it with my 1650 and i still get the same results. I've had stuttering with me literally forever now. I upgraded everything on my pc. Whether i use the 1650 or 4060, it still causes me to stutter 

6 minutes ago, CutieArezra said:

I mean, i've tried it with my 1650 and i still get the same results. I've had stuttering with me literally forever now. I upgraded everything on my pc. Whether i use the 1650 or 4060, it still causes me to stutter 

Weird, could be faulty power or power supply then if that's the only thing that hasn't been upgraded.

1 hour ago, Bazilias said:

Have you tried running, CPU-Z and GPU-Z to see the usage of the CPU/GPU and the temperatures when playing games?

I used another app HWMonitor and while i was playing Cyberpunk, my GPU was at 100%, meanwhile my CPU at around 80-90%. The GPU had about 60C and about the same for the CPU around 55C

2 hours ago, CutieArezra said:

I used another app HWMonitor and while i was playing Cyberpunk, my GPU was at 100%, meanwhile my CPU at around 80-90%. The GPU had about 60C and about the same for the CPU around 55C

Have you tried to put the BIOS Settings back to stock/normal, also your RAM profile (JEDEC)?