cpu perfomance down after installing new gpub

MY SPECS:

WIN 11

I5-11400F

RX6800XT PHANTOM DUAL OC

16GB DDR4 2433

1TB SSD

after updating my gpu and reinstalling my os my cpu perfomance is noticably worse. previous gpu was rtx2060. In some cases its fine, and in some cases its way worse. in valorant for example i was hitting around 200-220 fps consistently with my gpu being the one bottlenecking my cpu, but after the gpu upgrade my perfomance is way worse, oscillating aroun 140-200fps with my cpu being the one bottlenecking my gpu, while on the same, lowest settings, the same applies to cyberpunk for example, with my 2060 i was able to reach 70fps with dlss, with the gpu holding me back, but now i cant get stable 60fps with my cpu claiming it is at 100% usage, what i have noticed lately is that msi afterburner reports only 60 70% of usage max, never more while amd adrenalin and resource manager both show 100%. the cpu clocks and temps are fine, also the threads are being used, but i am 100% sure im getting worse perfomance after the upgrade with my cpu being the weaker part, where before update i had better perfomance with gpu being the weaker one.

Any ideas what could be the cause/fix it?

image_2024-04-20_224646642.png

It's weird that you get less fps, but the CPU being the bottleneck makes sense here, because the 6800XT too powerfull for it

Just now, MiszS said:

It's weird that you get less fps, but the CPU being the bottleneck makes sense here, because the 6800XT too powerfull for it

see, that's the thing, with 2060 i got around 200 fps with cpu being at +- 50% usage and now i get 100% constant usage with drops as low as 120fps, which is noticable since im running a 144hz display.

Just now, BrandoDio said:

see, that's the thing, with 2060 i got around 200 fps with cpu being at +- 50% usage and now i get 100% constant usage with drops as low as 120fps, which is noticable since im running a 144hz display.

Do you have the latest AMD drivers?

1 minute ago, MiszS said:

Do you have the latest AMD drivers?

i do, updated them asap after installing the gpu, its a week oldimage.thumb.png.93349e3f2c39b1e7bf2b302c2b3b8c87.png

1 minute ago, BrandoDio said:

i do, updated them asap after installing the gpu, its a week oldimage.thumb.png.93349e3f2c39b1e7bf2b302c2b3b8c87.png

well, then i really have no idea, first time seeing a problem like that

13 minutes ago, MiszS said:

well, then i really have no idea, first time seeing a problem like that

from looking at yt videos, it should get around 400fps in valorant

36 minutes ago, BrandoDio said:

from looking at yt videos, it should get around 400fps in valorant

i mean, those videos probably use a better cpu, but in no world should you get LESS perfomance, than a worse card