Screen randomly went black an said no signal

was gaming ,temps were fine as i keep software running in the background to watch temps 2 diff software HWIDIFO an HWID monitor ,at no point did temps say it was overheating ,i was gaming like normal nothing open out of the ordinary an screen randomly went black an said no signal as if the gpu turned off but yet i saw it on through the glass panel on my case and i unplugged the hdmi cable an plugged it back in but that didnt work i managed to get signal back by just completely restarting my pc , this has only happened once an that was like a year ago an it hasnt happened again till now the gpu im using is a Geforce RTX 3060 ti 

Did the rest of the PC keep running? Fans, lights, peripherals, everything but the display signal?

Sounds like you might have had a driver crash.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Did the rest of the PC keep running? Fans, lights, peripherals, everything but the display signal?

Sounds like you might have had a driver crash.

from what i saw yes everything looked fine and again i aint updated drivers recently ,ive been gaming all day ,temps looked normal everything then this happened display signal just stopped im freakin tf out rn

17 minutes ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

from what i saw yes everything looked fine and again i aint updated drivers recently ,ive been gaming all day ,temps looked normal everything then this happened display signal just stopped im freakin tf out rn

Run DDU to clean out your drivers, then install the most recent or next most recent version directly from Nvidia/AMD's website(whichever one you have), and see if it happens again.

Usually driver crashes aren't anything to worry about, just means your drivers are unstable or behaving weirdly with something. Do you have any GPU overclocks in place?

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Run DDU to clean out your drivers, then install the most recent or next most recent version directly from Nvidia/AMD's website(whichever one you have), and see if it happens again.

Usually driver crashes aren't anything to worry about, just means your drivers are unstable or behaving weirdly with something. Do you have any GPU overclocks in place?

Nothing's over clocked , don't even know how to overclock 

9 minutes ago, WolfOfValhalla said:

Nothing's over clocked , don't even know how to overclock 

Yeah, just uninstall your drivers with DDU and reinstall the newest or next newest ones from the manufacturer site.

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, just uninstall your drivers with DDU and reinstall the newest or next newest ones from the manufacturer site.

oki hopefully its not my actual gpu giving out

1 hour ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

oki hopefully its not my actual gpu giving out

If your GPU was on the way out, it's more likely that your entire system would shut down, possibly throw a BSOD, a POST code, or fail to boot.

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If your GPU was on the way out, it's more likely that your entire system would shut down, possibly throw a BSOD, a POST code, or fail to boot.

ran ddu installing driver now will quote you again if the problem happens again if i dont ,good news