Gaming and Workstation

Budget (including currency): £5000-8000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow Six Siege, Rocket League, ArtiCAD Design Software

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): have 360hz monitor so want to hit 360fps at 1440p but also want the most powerful computer for cpu rendering. Cant seem to find any information on weather this is properly do-able or weather I could use a server for rendering.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 4.5 GHz 16-Core Processor (£539.99 @ AWD-IT) 

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 2 56.33 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£105.00 @ Computer Orbit) 

Motherboard: MSI MPG B650 CARBON WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard (£275.00 @ Amazon UK) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 96 GB (2 x 48 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (£349.19 @ Newegg UK) 

Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (£326.48 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: MSI VENTUS 3X E OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card (£1606.98 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 

Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case (£84.99 @ AWD-IT) 

Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£149.99 @ AWD-IT) 

Total: £3437.62

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-15 16:26 BST+0100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Welcome to the forums!
Unfortunately the BEST rendering computer is one with an unholy number of threads which means you're going to need a server chip. Whereas the BEST gaming CPU will have a few really fast cores, like a 7800X3D
I can't find how many threads ArtiCAD actually can use, do you happen to have any knowledge on that?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!
Unfortunately the BEST rendering computer is one with an unholy number of threads which means you're going to need a server chip. Whereas the BEST gaming CPU will have a few really fast cores, like a 7800X3D
I can't find how many threads ArtiCAD actually can use, do you happen to have any knowledge on that?

To be honest I'm new to this but I know it will utilise all cores so I'm not sure if that means can can use all the threads aswell. But I can get support and ask them.