New keycaps for Logi MX mech (full)

dmvdberg

Hi there LTT forum, 

For my Logi MX Mech keyboard I'm looking into switching out the keycaps. This can be done since the stem is MX and I've already had to replace the 'del' key with a 3D printed one. It was lost, Logi does not offer replacements. Big Tech wins this round. 

I came across this set: https://bit.ly/3Q4zy8a 

And of course it looks great, being a full set that I need ... buuuuuuut the return/enter is not the 'right' version. I live in Europe so please refrain from comments about how my style of keyboard choice is XYZ compared to what you prefer. In short: Does anyone know where I could order something similar that will fit a layout of my MX Mech? 

Many thanks!

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-15 om 15.10.29.png

Cake or Death?

55 minutes ago, dmvdberg said:

Hi there LTT forum, 

For my Logi MX Mech keyboard I'm looking into switching out the keycaps. This can be done since the stem is MX and I've already had to replace the 'del' key with a 3D printed one. It was lost, Logi does not offer replacements. Big Tech wins this round. 

I came across this set: https://bit.ly/3Q4zy8a 

And of course it looks great, being a full set that I need ... buuuuuuut the return/enter is not the 'right' version. I live in Europe so please refrain from comments about how my style of keyboard choice is XYZ compared to what you prefer. In short: Does anyone know where I could order something similar that will fit a layout of my MX Mech? 

Many thanks!

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-15 om 15.10.29.png

If you know you have MX style switches and keycaps, look for a set of those. The layout is ISO. If I'm not mistaken, these do use low profile keycaps. Plenty of sets to find but these stock ones appear to shine through and have north facing RGB? Most custom sets do not have shine through (milky could work). 

Look for "low profile ISO mx keycaps" and you should find what you need.

Someone on Reddit was in exactly the same boat, more info about the keycaps and keyboard in the comments:

Logi MX Mech uses low-profile switches.

While you can use full-sized keycaps on them, there may be interference when bottoming out since they're not the correct stem length. This may lead to very unpleasant typing sounds.

Try Keychron, AliExpress, Taobao etc. for "ISO low profile keycaps". Make sure you select the correct Keychron subsite, since they offer more than just their US website.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |