3 Issues that scouring forums have not helped with.

1-Yesterday between 10pm and 12am I had about 120 distributedcom errors. They seem to come 2 per second when I get them. They don't seem to correlate with any particular activity.

2-When I first built my pc, my gpu fans would shut off when they weren't needed. I've done a format and win10 reinstall and a number of things are dif this time around despite using the same win disk. One of which and the one that bothers me the most are my gpu fans. If I reinstall the driver, they will shut off after windows restart. Once they come on for whatever reason, they won't stop again without a reinstall. The velocity app is crap. Others don't seem to have an effect on the fans either. It used to be just fine with just nvidia installed alone. It's pulling too much dust in that rear vent near the gpu.

3-Everytime I start my pc or bring it back from sleep, I need to unplug the hdmi and then plug it back in. This is something that happened for a while before the start over but a clean install fixed it that time. Not this time.

So if anyone has had these issues before, I'd greatly appr knowing how you fixed them.

I have a gigabyte x670e aorus master, r-9 7950x, 64gb 6400mhz gskill, pny 4080oc.

7 hours ago, dverdier said:

1-Yesterday between 10pm and 12am I had about 120 distributedcom errors. They seem to come 2 per second when I get them. They don't seem to correlate with any particular activity.

2-When I first built my pc, my gpu fans would shut off when they weren't needed. I've done a format and win10 reinstall and a number of things are dif this time around despite using the same win disk. One of which and the one that bothers me the most are my gpu fans. If I reinstall the driver, they will shut off after windows restart. Once they come on for whatever reason, they won't stop again without a reinstall. The velocity app is crap. Others don't seem to have an effect on the fans either. It used to be just fine with just nvidia installed alone. It's pulling too much dust in that rear vent near the gpu.

3-Everytime I start my pc or bring it back from sleep, I need to unplug the hdmi and then plug it back in. This is something that happened for a while before the start over but a clean install fixed it that time. Not this time.

So if anyone has had these issues before, I'd greatly appr knowing how you fixed them.

I have a gigabyte x670e aorus master, r-9 7950x, 64gb 6400mhz gskill, pny 4080oc.

What other apps have you used for the GPU? Stick with msi afterburner.

What are your temps?

2 hours ago, silencer12 said:

What other apps have you used for the GPU? Stick with msi afterburner.

What are your temps?

I tried a couple of them in the beginning. Afterburner and velocity mainly. There was one more I can't rem. They never stopped the fans tho. Once they started only a clean or even just reinstallation of the driver would fix it. Not anymore. This time around I just put velocity on there for the rare case I want a little oc. It doesn't run unless I start it. Temps are fine. It never goes far above 70 during a game and idles in the low 30s. The fans run about 900-1000rpm most of the time. They'll hit 1300 in game play. Maybe I need to get rid of velocity and do a clean install. I put everything back the way it was before. I don't know why they're operating differently.

21 hours ago, dverdier said:

I tried a couple of them in the beginning. Afterburner and velocity mainly. There was one more I can't rem. They never stopped the fans tho. Once they started only a clean or even just reinstallation of the driver would fix it. Not anymore. This time around I just put velocity on there for the rare case I want a little oc. It doesn't run unless I start it. Temps are fine. It never goes far above 70 during a game and idles in the low 30s. The fans run about 900-1000rpm most of the time. They'll hit 1300 in game play. Maybe I need to get rid of velocity and do a clean install. I put everything back the way it was before. I don't know why they're operating differently.

I haven't heard of velocity. However, multiple monitoring apps might cause problems just like multiple anti-virus software do. 

It might be a sensor issue or a fan issue. I couldn't say to be sure.

How long have you had the video-card?

On 4/16/2024 at 4:11 AM, silencer12 said:

I haven't heard of velocity. However, multiple monitoring apps might cause problems just like multiple anti-virus software do. 

It might be a sensor issue or a fan issue. I couldn't say to be sure.

How long have you had the video-card?

Velocity is PNY's rgb and oc software. It gives the option to create a fan curve but no matter where you put it. It won't drop to zero. Seems the only way I could get it to lately was to not load velocity, reinstall the driver and restart the pc. Once in windows, they would stop. The second you launch a game, they start as expected but never shut back off. A couple times after a fresh boot it would do the same but lately they run no matter what. Signalrgb now offers gpu fan control. I previously had all monitoring in that shut off because it made the other fans go nuts but I tried that today and it ramps them up and drops the voltage to find the stall point. You can watch them rise to 100% and fall back down to about 1000rpm and the software keeps dropping but the fans won't go below that. It completes and says zero rpm mode but no such luck. There has to be something in the background that keeps them running. I'm thinking it's the drivers since that's the only thing that has changed through all the dif ways they've acted. I've had the card about a year. I had the same prob with the PNY 4070tioc I had before this one but I was able to get it right after giving up on oc and reinstalling the driver. They worked like they were supposed to. OC is pretty much pointless these days so I'm not using any. Velocity is there but I never run it. Another thing that is strange since my reinstall of windows, the clock speeds never drop regardless of usage. Right now it's 0% usage but 2550mhz. I didn't use to do that either. I want to say it idled at 800 or something like that. Maybe it's windows. So many little things are different despite using the same disk. I don't get it. Lastly, I've had the card about a year.

I haven't known any monitoring software to do a zero fan curve.