RX 5700 driver timeouts while gaming

Go to solution Solved by Dante Malus,

with a YT video i found my solution. i had to set the pcie settings (in bios) for that slot from auto detect to pcie gen. 3 by hand.

Hi Folks.
I bought a used XFX Radeon RX 5700 because the my old 1060 died. The seller was runnign firestrike and timespy benchmarks and the tomb raider (ingame) benchmark while. I could see it running for myself. There was no problem.
After i installed it into my system (at the time: r5 2600, 16gb ram 2400mhz, 530 watts PSU, asus prime x370 pro) i played more pixel indie games at the time and not any demanding games.
Later i played Diablo 2 Resurrected, Palworld, Witcher 3 and the game crashed only after a few minutes in game.
First i got flickering in and out of the game and than a crash to desktop with a massage for driver timeout. Again and again and again and again....
I tried to solve the problem by reinstall windows and clear install the amd software. After that i tried to use the enterprise software, also not working. Then i tried drivers only, same s**t.
After looking for help on YT and Goolge i thought i found the problem: the PSU. changed it to a corsair cx750m (750 watts) and did not used the daisy chained 8-pin cables for the card but give it 2 individual cables. It looked like it was working for a bit but.... nope. after a reboot i got the same problems again. I also tried to reduce the speed of the card over MSI afterburner but it did not work at all.
If i use benchmarks (no ingame benchmarks) its running alright. I was so fed up i installed an old 1060 from a friend.

My old mainboard died on me last month and i could do nothing untill now i got a replacement (have not much money because of continuing my education).
The "new" system is a R5 5500, gigabyte a520m s2h, 16gb ram with 3200mhz and the same 750 watts PSU.

So i gave the RX5700 another try.... As you can think... it did not work at all and i got the same s**t like befor.
The LTT Forum is my last try to get that beast to work. If not... save up some money and change to team green.

Im at the end of my wits here.

Thanks in advance.

8ead7361-0071-4d68-ae0e-e0a0f471dbe3.jpg

I also updated the BIOS and chipset. Reinstalled Windows 5 time untill now and used DDU so many times....

with a YT video i found my solution. i had to set the pcie settings (in bios) for that slot from auto detect to pcie gen. 3 by hand.