weird usage spikeage

hello im here bc while gaming my usage spikes up outta nowhere extremely high an the screenshots below are what im getting while gaming it hasnt done this before i repasted my cpu 2 months ago an havent seen theres problem till recently the hardware monitor im using says its fine ,my fans arnt clogged or anything i have no clue even my gpu usage spikes insanely high (edit: im not using task manager this is hwid monitor

53.JPG

wht.JPG

Though your temps do seem to be getting quite high at 91°C. Random spikes aren't entirely out of the ordinary. Curious that it's jumping to 130% but unless you're getting noticeable performance dips while in game I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you have a second monitor or can run your game in windowed mode. Use Task Manager to see which program is demanding so much of your CPU. More than likely it's just the game. In which case it's probably just when it's loading something. This a completely normal behavior as to reduce loading times it will use as much remaining resources as it can to get everything going.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

1 hour ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

my usage spikes

Utilization and usage are two different things. It is the Utilization data that is spiking. 

Utilization data is based on the base frequency of a processor. The higher the percentage of turbo boost an Intel CPU uses, the higher the Utilization value will go. The Task Manager also graphs this Utilization nonsense but the Task Manager decided to clip the maximum values to 100% so no one would notice how meaningless these numbers are. The Details tab shows CPU Usage. The graphs do not.

If you want to look at CPU usage data, try using HWiNFO. 

9 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

Though your temps do seem to be getting quite high at 91°C. Random spikes aren't entirely out of the ordinary. Curious that it's jumping to 130% but unless you're getting noticeable performance dips while in game I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you have a second monitor or can run your game in windowed mode. Use Task Manager to see which program is demanding so much of your CPU. More than likely it's just the game. In which case it's probably just when it's loading something. This a completely normal behavior as to reduce loading times it will use as much remaining resources as it can to get everything going.

its been doing this while im in mid game 

19 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

also i will say its staying at 102% while im in game also its only some cores that are like that

5 hours ago, WolfOfValahalla said:

also i will say its staying at 102% while im in game also its only some cores that are like that

Yeah, I'd say you aren't experiencing anything abnormal. Unless you're getting noticeable frame drops and stutters I wouldn't worry about it. Might want to look into upgrading your cooling solution tho. 91°C isn't going to hurt anything but you might see a bit better performance if you can get that down to like 80 consistently.

CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

9 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

Yeah, I'd say you aren't experiencing anything abnormal. Unless you're getting noticeable frame drops and stutters I wouldn't worry about it. Might want to look into upgrading your cooling solution tho. 91°C isn't going to hurt anything but you might see a bit better performance if you can get that down to like 80 consistently.

im using a noctua air cooler ...sadly idk where to go from there this is my first pc i built 

On 4/14/2024 at 8:45 AM, WolfOfValahalla said:

im using a noctua air cooler ...sadly idk where to go from there this is my first pc i built 

what CPU do you have and which model cooler are you using? The airflow through your case may also be playing a factor. Without that information I can only speculate. Also if you don't mind, if you can take a picture of the inside of your case emphasizing fan placement and orientation.