Ram Temp

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

HWMonitor is known to misreport sensor data, use HWiNFO instead.聽

Also most PMICs have a temperature bug themselves, where they'll just randomly report a temp about 10-15C above or below what they are actually running at. Not the issue here, but another reason not to trust the max temp reading.聽

How in the hell can this be poss? The other stick topped out at 40 on the dot?

Ram temp.PNG

6 minutes ago, dverdier said:

How in the hell can this be poss? The other stick topped out at 40 on the dot?

Ram temp.PNG

Seems to be a sensor failing to read temperatures correctly.

Highly doubt its reachin 245c 馃槃 Thats just insane.

Why do you have your text in HwMonitor like that? 馃槃

Also most PMICs have a temperature bug themselves, where they'll just randomly report a temp about 10-15C above or below what they are actually running at. Not the issue here, but another reason not to trust the max temp reading.聽

5 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Seems to be a sensor failing to read temperatures correctly.

Highly doubt its reachin 245c 馃槃 Thats just insane.

Why do you have your text in HwMonitor like that? 馃槃

I know it can't get that high. It would've melted. I should've worded it dif. Is this a common thing where sensors malfunction? I've never noticed it before.

I set my system font to that back on win 95 and I've been using it ever since. It shows up in some apps and not others. I just liked it back then and now am accustomed to it.

1 minute ago, dverdier said:

I know it can't get that high. It would've melted. I should've worded it dif. Is this a common thing where sensors malfunction? I've never noticed it before.

I set my system font to that back on win 95 and I've been using it ever since. It shows up in some apps and not others. I just liked it back then and now am accustomed to it.

As mentioned above by @RONOTHAN##聽HWMonitor is known to misreport data. Use HWiNFO and check again.

Totally understandable 馃檪聽 Interesting font though!聽 I can dig it.

9 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

So this totally normal then. Thank you. I forgot but I just looked at my "server" pc and it has the cpu min at .3 and always idles at 7 to 10c. That can't be poss either. When I saw it, I was just so surprised I didn't really stop to think. I have both of those. I don't know why I just got in the habit of letting this one run all the time. Is hwinfo less intensive with utilizations?

5 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

As mentioned above by @RONOTHAN##聽HWMonitor is known to misreport data. Use HWiNFO and check again.

Totally understandable 馃檪聽 Interesting font though!聽 I can dig it.

Do you want it? It's a metallica font I found back when I was an early teen.

Thank you both for your time. Have great day/night. Wherever you are.

6 minutes ago, dverdier said:

Do you want it? It's a metallica font I found back when I was an early teen.

I'll pass, would take me too long to get used to at my current age 馃槃 Thanks though!

I am into Black Metal however.. But that type of font would be incredibly difficult to read if at all readable 馃槃

2 minutes ago, dverdier said:

Thank you both for your time. Have great day/night. Wherever you are.

Likewise!聽 Night for me, its 2:30 AM here in Norway.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

I'll pass, would take me too long to get used to at my current age 馃槃 Thanks though!

I am into Black Metal however.. But that type of font would be incredibly difficult to read if at all readable 馃槃

Likewise!聽 Night for me, its 2:30 AM here in Norway.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions.

Yeah, I've heard that before. Can't read it. If I ever get to visit overseas, it's a tossup between there and Italy. The black metal history has me pulling that way, then family has me wanting Italy. Aside from the metal tho, Norway seems like a really cool place to live. It's a tough decision I'm certain I will have to make one day. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to do both. Thank you again, I will.

1 hour ago, dverdier said:

Is hwinfo less intensive with utilizations?

Not really, it's about as intensive as HWMonitor. It's just that HWInfo has much better reliability of sensor readouts compared to HWMonitor (especially for hardware made in the last 5-10 years) in addition to a bunch of extra features.聽