Looking for KVM with DP 2.1

PeeJay151

Hi all,

I'm using the Samsung 57" Odyssey Neo G9 Dual-4K monitor (it's basically two 28" 4K 240Hz monitors glued together with no seam). I have it set up on my PC at 240Hz with an RX 7900 XTX. I would like to add a KVM to switch between that PC, my laptop, and my M2 Mac Studio, but I don't want to give up the resolution or refresh rate. My laptop has HDMI out that I can convert to DP if necessary. The Mac has Thunderbolt display out (and HDMI but I obviously would prefer the higher display specs of Thunderbolt).

Can anyone recommend a KVM with three or more inputs that can handle this?

13 minutes ago, PeeJay151 said:

Hi all,

I'm using the Samsung 57" Odyssey Neo G9 Dual-4K monitor (it's basically two 28" 4K 240Hz monitors glued together with no seam). I have it set up on my PC at 240Hz with an RX 7900 XTX. I would like to add a KVM to switch between that PC, my laptop, and my M2 Mac Studio, but I don't want to give up the resolution or refresh rate. My laptop has HDMI out that I can convert to DP if necessary. The Mac has Thunderbolt display out (and HDMI but I obviously would prefer the higher display specs of Thunderbolt).

Can anyone recommend a KVM with three or more inputs that can handle this?

Just a heads up your wallet's in for a whole world of trouble for this simple thing. No clue why.

Only one I found close to $100 was one from AOOCOO (what is a aoocoo???)

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

57 minutes ago, PeeJay151 said:

but I don't want to give up the resolution or refresh rate.

Prepare to pay for the privilege, assuming it exists at all. The highest performing DP KVM's i'm aware of are from Level1Techs but 1, they aren't cheap and 2, they are DP 1.4. A KVM that's going to pass 7680x2160 @ 240Hz reliably is going to be mighty expensive. 

I'm willing to pay for one that meets the specs but I just can't find one that exists. I have one of the Level1Techs ones but it is DP 1.4.

It's just baffling to me that DP 2.0 has been out for 5 years already and adoption has been so slow.

Just now, PeeJay151 said:

but I just can't find one that exists.

It most likely doesn't. Email Wendell and see what his thoughts are.