NOT A FAN

Anyone know how to control the case fan speeds with the IQ software? Whenever I set a condition such as balanced or custom or extreme, it does F/ALL all I get are fans that speed up and slowdown on their own and this shitty software from corsair does nothing useful except play about with the rgb even though it has serious options.

1 hour ago, stuckonthis said:

Anyone know how to control the case fan speeds with the IQ software? Whenever I set a condition such as balanced or custom or extreme, it does F/ALL all I get are fans that speed up and slowdown on their own and this shitty software from corsair does nothing useful except play about with the rgb even though it has serious options.

Try Argus Monitor.

why not just do it the old way through BIOS?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

19 minutes ago, podkall said:

why not just do it the old way through BIOS?

I prefer FanControl as you get access to more sensors, such as increasing intake fans that are closest to my GPU as it starts to heat up - and using the hottest of GPU or CPU temp to determine exhaust speed.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

21 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I prefer FanControl as you get access to more sensors, such as increasing intake fans that are closest to my GPU as it starts to heat up - and using the hottest of GPU or CPU temp to determine exhaust speed.

that's interesting, all I know is my bios only checks CPU temps and sets accordingly fan speed

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

1 hour ago, podkall said:

that's interesting, all I know is my bios only checks CPU temps and sets accordingly fan speed

Indeed its a shame GPU vendors don't expose a standard register so the BIOS could use the GPU temp as well.  I'd much rather have fans controlled by the power management system than the OS, as you end up out of luck if you use Linux.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I go to download fan control and now for another fking exam:

WHICH ONE!

Do these people realise we are not all tekkys?

I don't know if I have fking frame works or net 8, all I know is I have windows 11.

Just give us a simple option, second thoughts gfy who ever made the software.

Portable (.zip)

Fan Control V186 .NET Framework 4.8
Fan Control V186 .NET 8

Installer

Fan Control V186 .NET Framework 4.8
Fan Control V186 .NET 8

7 hours ago, stuckonthis said:
I go to download fan control and now for another fking exam:

WHICH ONE!

Do these people realise we are not all tekkys?

I don't know if I have fking frame works or net 8, all I know is I have windows 11.

Just give us a simple option, second thoughts gfy who ever made the software.

Choose .NET Framework (though either of them should be fine).

You have to realize that the maker of the software isn't obligated to release his software in a user-friendly state. And sure, some people aren't techies, but those same some people aren't really going to be tweaking with their fan controls using some technical third-party software.

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

15 hours ago, weeblord said:

Choose .NET Framework (though either of them should be fine).

You have to realize that the maker of the software isn't obligated to release his software in a user-friendly state. And sure, some people aren't techies, but those same some people aren't really going to be tweaking with their fan controls using some technical third-party software.

I know they are just trying to cater for all fair enough, I did google it though and I still couldn't find any straight answers to what I had or not, just wish it would state something like windows 10 or later choose this option or for earlier windows choose that option.  I don't even like messing around with my fan controls, the only reason why i'm doing it is because it keeps changing speeds, and the corsair app seems crap.