Only Google accessible after long hibernation

Simbiat

Hi. I have been having a really weird behavior with network on my Windows 11 PC. After prolonged hibernation (looks like if more than 1 hour, but I generally use hibernate for the night), only google.com seems to be accessible. All other domains seem to become unavailable, not only in browsers, but for the apps as well. Only google, nothing else, even ASUS router is unavailable (it does not allow connections over IP, and times out when trying to connect using router.asus.com). Yet, I can search in Google, no issues, just that I can't open the websites suggested. Windows, apparently, relies on Google to determine if I am online, too, and it says that I am online, and no issues with Internet whatsoever. At best (or worst), if I switch to WiFi, it will drop it after sometime saying, that I have "poor connection". The only thing that helps - system restart. Not services restart or adapters restart, but system restart.

I tried removing my WiFi card - was fine for about 4 days, then got the same thing. I have tried network reset (from Windows), drivers reinstall both for Ethernet (integrated into motherboard) and WiFi, resetting network adapters to default settings, flushdns, IP release/renew, DCIM+SFC... Nothing seems to work. There does not seem to be any malware, too (I have Acronis, also scanned with MS Defender and free Kaspersky's tool). And it just does not make sense why only Google would work. Oh, and DNS do seem to resolve, when I use nslookup, so do not think it's anything related to DNS. I am stumped and flabbergasted.

Any ideas what may be wrong? Please, let me know if some information about environment or hardware is required to debug this properly. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

So, after some testing, looks like this issue is caused by Acronis AV component. Submitted a ticket to them with number 0634639.