System doesn't show SSD?

The SSD is not detected at all only the HDD is?
I can't get into windows at all, only if I do the boot override option it'll go into it but it isn't very stable and crashes after a while?
PXL_20240319_120228256.thumb.jpg.723a3b4c4d9f5b26e78973d34c9cf02f.jpg

Here's the system:

Specs.jpg.defb6b661927391f6daec62d91ce0545.jpg

Every answer will be much appreciated!!!!!

Context please, what are you doing here? When did this 'problem' happen? Where is the SSD & Windows installation from?

Which slot is the SATA HDD plugged into? My guess would be it shares bandwidth with one of the NVMe slots.

Also, if I'm reading this right only one of the M.2 slots supports NVMe, the other one is SATA only

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x370-f-gaming-model/spec/

(Also, why exactly did you buy a top of the line PCIe 4.0 drive to go with a system limited to PCIe 3.0?)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

24 minutes ago, Tetras said:

Context please, what are you doing here? When did this 'problem' happen? Where is the SSD & Windows installation from?

Here's the issue explained in greater detail, I've tried everything from the replies there and it's still the same problem sadly.. I'm really desperate for any help or advice!

27 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Which slot is the SATA HDD plugged into? My guess would be it shares bandwidth with one of the NVMe slots.

I've had a friend of my father build the PC 6 years ago so sadly I have no idea in which one the HDD is plugged in, could you tell me how to check that?

28 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Also, if I'm reading this right only one of the M.2 slots supports NVMe, the other one is SATA only

There seems to be only one M.2 slot on the motherboard or am I mistaken?

29 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

(Also, why exactly did you buy a top of the line PCIe 4.0 drive to go with a system limited to PCIe 3.0?)

I wanted to upgrade my PC sometime in the future and ran out of SSD space so thought I could do transfer the SSD one day into the new system

24 minutes ago, minato said:

I've had a friend of my father build the PC 6 years ago so sadly I have no idea in which one the HDD is plugged in, could you tell me how to check that?

Open up the case, check which of these the disk is plugged into:

Spoiler

image.png.dccaf1b17ada7cc77e30cc2f157d0b70.png

27 minutes ago, minato said:

There seems to be only one M.2 slot on the motherboard or am I mistaken?

Seems so, the way ASUS words it on their page is really confusing. It looks like the captions are sorted incorrectly. I've looked at the manual in the meantime. It only has one and its features depend on the CPU. But it doesn't appear to share bandwidth between NVMe and SATA. The NVMe is connected to the CPU and SATA comes from the chipset.

32 minutes ago, minato said:

I wanted to upgrade my PC sometime in the future and ran out of SSD space so thought I could do transfer the SSD one day into the new system

Fair point, but unless you plan on upgrading soon, you'd likely have gotten a better deal by the time you do the upgrade.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

8 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Open up the case, check which of these the disk is plugged into:

sata.thumb.jpg.ab363de061efea8196dc18fa42b26c52.jpg

10 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Seems so, the way ASUS words it on their page is really confusing. It looks like the captions are sorted incorrectly. I've looked at the manual in the meantime. It only has one and its features depend on the CPU. But it doesn't appear to share bandwidth between NVMe and SATA. The NVMe is connected to the CPU and SATA comes from the chipset.

So there wouldn't be any connectivity issues between the NVMe and the HDD?

11 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Fair point, but unless you plan on upgrading soon, you'd likely have gotten a better deal by the time you do the upgrade.

That is actually a great point and I'm thinking actually on returning the SSD to Amazon and to get a 5800X CPU instead

1 hour ago, minato said:

Here's the issue explained in greater detail, I've tried everything from the replies there and it's still the same problem sadly.. I'm really desperate for any help or advice!

So, you have added 4 sticks to your 1800X, running at 3200? That's probably why it is unstable and crashes when you get into Windows.

2 hours ago, Tetras said:

So, you have added 4 sticks to your 1800X, running at 3200? That's probably why it is unstable and crashes when you get into Windows.

it was running really well for like two weeks and then the issues started.. I tried with one stick of ram and not overclocked and the issue still persists, any ideas what else could I do?

15 minutes ago, minato said:

it was running really well for like two weeks and then the issues started.. I tried with one stick of ram and not overclocked and the issue still persists, any ideas what else could I do?

My suspicion would be that your memory was not actually stable and 'silently' corrupted your operating system, hence it doesn't work properly anymore even with only one stick.

Of course, it could be something else entirely (e.g. did you check about the 990 Pro firmware issues?).

21 hours ago, Tetras said:

My suspicion would be that your memory was not actually stable and 'silently' corrupted your operating system, hence it doesn't work properly anymore even with only one stick.

Of course, it could be something else entirely (e.g. did you check about the 990 Pro firmware issues?).

that's quite possible, I've decided in the end to return the SSD and those 2 sticks of RAM to Amazon and upgrade to AM5 in the near future, thank you very much for your help!