MSI thin GF63 runs hot

i have the model with the 4060 and 16gbs of ram, for some reason when i play world of warcraft it runs very hot. ive been playing hell divers 2 recently and that game has alot more going on and it doesnt run close to as hot as when i play wow. im wondering if im doing something wrong or if this laptop has extra fans i just havent turned on. ive tried looking in the settings but i couldnt find anything. ive lowered the settings in game and that doesnt seem to help. any advice?

7 minutes ago, SunVro said:

i have the model with the 4060 and 16gbs of ram, for some reason when i play world of warcraft it runs very hot. ive been playing hell divers 2 recently and that game has alot more going on and it doesnt run close to as hot as when i play wow. im wondering if im doing something wrong or if this laptop has extra fans i just havent turned on. ive tried looking in the settings but i couldnt find anything. ive lowered the settings in game and that doesnt seem to help. any advice?

How hot is hot? Have you monitored the temperatures?

5 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

How hot is hot? Have you monitored the temperatures?

i have not, im not sure how to measure them. but for simple reference, the area where the escape key is- the metal casing near it i cant leave my finger on for more than maybe 5 seconds without it being uncomfortable while i play

7 minutes ago, SunVro said:

i have not, im not sure how to measure them. but for simple reference, the area where the escape key is- the metal casing near it i cant leave my finger on for more than maybe 5 seconds without it being uncomfortable while i play

Does WoW perhaps not have vsync enabled so its causing the GPU to just throw out frames like crazy, generating more heat?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

52 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Does WoW perhaps not have vsync enabled so its causing the GPU to just throw out frames like crazy, generating more heat?

its enabled. my girlfriends doesnt run hot at all in comparison and her laptop isnt nearly as strong as mine