Bose QC35 II vs Ultra - Noise cancellation

kasdashd

I currently own the Bose Quietcomfort QC35 II headphones, and was wondering, if the newer Ultra model offers a noticable improvement for noise cancellation, that makes them worth upgrading too, also considering that I would then sell my QC35 II, which would then cover some of the cost.

Don't care about any other features, simply wanna know how the noise cancellation compares?

The ANC difference is negligible, Ultra imo isolate worse so in practice the QC35's cancel more noise. It's a common problem with new ANC headphones (placebo + weak isolation = more percieved impact) i'd stick with the QC35's if you want ANC headphones

22 hours ago, Cocococo said:

The ANC difference is negligible, Ultra imo isolate worse so in practice the QC35's cancel more noise. It's a common problem with new ANC headphones (placebo + weak isolation = more percieved impact) i'd stick with the QC35's if you want ANC headphones

Ok. I’ve just read multiple reviews where the Ultra has been reviewed to be better at ANC than both the 35 and 45, with graphs showing the ANC being measured and everything. But I’ll see if I can buy them somewhere, where Ikm allowed to unbox them, and try them, carefully, but still return them within 14 days if I don’t want them.

14 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

Ok. I’ve just read multiple reviews where the Ultra has been reviewed to be better at ANC than both the 35 and 45, with graphs showing the ANC being measured and everything. But I’ll see if I can buy them somewhere, where Ikm allowed to unbox them, and try them, carefully, but still return them within 14 days if I don’t want them.

Graphs are interesting, but unfortunately they need quite a lot of learning and some sites compensate to mystery targets and makes data non-comparable with other graphs (RTINGS is the worst for this, most popular site also being the worst for information is funny) 

1 hour ago, Cocococo said:

Graphs are interesting, but unfortunately they need quite a lot of learning and some sites compensate to mystery targets and makes data non-comparable with other graphs (RTINGS is the worst for this, most popular site also being the worst for information is funny) 

Yeah, I know, that’s why I always try to read at least 5 reviews, and here they all said the Ultra were worth it, but I still wanna try them out for myself of course, and by selling my 35’s, I won’t as expensive an upgrade, plus I can also sell my Ultra’s one day for a good price, but thanks for the response.