Lagging/Freezing in Windows

Dartix

Looking for a bit of advice. I just did a clean install of windows as I've been having weird issues for a while.

Whenever I'm in the desktop, maybe opening an application or always when I'm in the settings and I go to System then Power, my pc lags a bit and sometimes freezes for a second or two.

I have a 7800X3D so I dont think I should be having issues like this.

I also have the latest bios and chipset drivers. 

This has been happening for months now and I've just thought it was normal or maybe a bad windows install since I've changed cpu platform and motherboards a few times with the same windows install.

But after doing a full clean install it hasn't fixed the freezing/lagging I'm getting in windows.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with my components?

I swapped out my ram for a new kit already since I thought it was that but it definitely isn't.

Maybe a motherboard issue or cpu issue? So If anyone knows what this could be or if this is actually completely normal, I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Download hwinfo64 and look for anything that is red in the sensors page. This is an easy way to look for potential causes.

Did you go to your motherboard website and download a driver utility and/or download ALL drivers related to your hardware? What about driver for your drives?

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

Just had a look at hwinfo64 and on the sensors page and everything seemed normal and nothing red. Tried going onto power settings where it always lags but nothing went red.

I went to the motherboard page and downloaded the Chipset Drivers and the Ethernet and Audio drivers but the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers didn't need to be installed the driver.exe said for both of them.

As for the drives I don't think there's drivers for the SATA SSD or SATA HDD I have in my system and my NVME Drive I use for games doesn't have any drivers for it either on the manufacturer website. The drive I use for windows which is the Samsung 980 Pro has Samsung Magican but its saying "The page you requested is not available" when I try to download Magician. I updated the firmware on the 980 Pro last year anyways so I dont think that would make any difference anyways and I don't think they have any drivers for windows for the drive. 

2 minutes ago, Dartix said:

Just had a look at hwinfo64 and on the sensors page and everything seemed normal and nothing red. Tried going onto power settings where it always lags but nothing went red.

I went to the motherboard page and downloaded the Chipset Drivers and the Ethernet and Audio drivers but the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers didn't need to be installed the driver.exe said for both of them.

As for the drives I don't think there's drivers for the SATA SSD or SATA HDD I have in my system and my NVME Drive I use for games doesn't have any drivers for it either on the manufacturer website. The drive I use for windows which is the Samsung 980 Pro has Samsung Magican but its saying "The page you requested is not available" when I try to download Magician. I updated the firmware on the 980 Pro last year anyways so I dont think that would make any difference anyways and I don't think they have any drivers for windows for the drive. 

Here is the link for Samsung Magician: https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/

Edit: Also, make sure you "quote" the person you are replying to. They won't get a notification otherwise!

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

Here is the link for Samsung Magician: https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/

Edit: Also, make sure you "quote" the person you are replying to. They won't get a notification otherwise!

Thanks I'll see if that helps with anything.

My bad I always click the two arrows with the plus icon but I think im supposed to use the one arrow icon for quote replying.

Do you have any other ideas for what may be causing these issues? I'm leaning towards the motherboard since I had issues in the past with it not booting at all then it was sent to msi for a socket repair and I was able to boot again but still getting these lag/freezing issues when in windows and opening applications etc but it's fine in-game.

Edit: I installed Samsung Magician and I already had the latest firmware so no issues there.

Edited by Dartix